'06 starting

motomc1

Registered
I posted this question a while back with no response. I'll try 1 more time. I have an '06 (5500 miles) with a yoshimura 4 into 1, K&N and PC3USB. The bike sat on jonnycheese's dyno and got a custom map. Runs flawless. My question is...75% of the time it starts quickly (under 2 seconds). 25% of the time it seems to take longer (4 seconds or so). Battery is fine and it cranks (turns over) great . Idle is set at 1250. Plugs are new. I've had 3 other Busas that were stock and started within a 1/2 second of cranking. I talked to another guy with an 06 that does the same thing with his PC3 USB and with the stock ECU. Is this an 06 thing...or am I missing something here. thks

my 06 jumped right up. after tune it seems, at times, to turn a few more times before startup...maybe less fuel.

But runs like spotted azz ape.:thumbsup:

my 06 does not do this. perhaps you should run some good fuel injector cleaner in the tank a few times. that might help.

In Don's words " Grip it and Rip it ". Doesn't seem like something I would worry a lot about.

I'm not worried...just wondering if it might be an '06 thing. I'd only be worried if it didn't start at all. The bike is "spot on" after the cheese performed his magic and wicked fast to boot.

I'm not worried...just wondering if it might be an '06 thing. I'd only be worried if it didn't start at all. The bike is "spot on" after the cheese performed his magic and wicked fast to boot.

Glad to hear, now follow Don's advice :thumbsup:

My '06 does that. It may start right away or take a couple cranks but it always starts.

Back