06 LE back from the shop

tlrbandit

Registered
Well, I have posted a few comments about some problems I am aware of with the 06 LE Busa and now I can give you some specific information. My Dad and I both own 06 LE Busa's and both have a knock in the lower end. My Dad's was much worse so we tried to get his repaired first. After 8 months going back and forth with Suzuki (after I had 8 different dealers listen to the bike and agree there was definitely something wrong) they finally agreed to repair the bike under warranty if they pulled the bike apart and found something wrong (whoopdeedo right?) Well, I took the plunge, gave them the bike and what do you know, they found that the bike had the wrong crankshaft bearings!!! Apparantly Suzuki color codes the main bearings and ours had green when they should of had yellow bearings. After 3 months in the shop, and a lot of arguing, they decided to cover the repair under warranty. Then we had to fight over them extending the warranty because the bike was now a year old. I managed to get 3 extra months out of them but it wasn't easy. The bike runs completely different now with virtually no vibration so I guess in the long run it was worth it but it definitely tainted my feelings for Suzuki. I was ready to get a 2008 GSXR 1000 to go with my Busa but now I am sure I will be adding a 08 R1 to the stable instead.

Hope the info helps a little.

It's a shame that customer service sucks everywhere!!! It onlt cost them about a $1.00 to repair it as many sales they have had!

Back