06 Hayabusa Clutch Chatter/Noise Loss of Power bike buckles on accel

Would you or anyone else be willing to test my TPS and ECM for me? Ill ship it to you. Ill cover the cost of shipping there and back. I fiddled with it for few hrs today wish no success. The idle changes/jumps when i move the TPS around but it the _C00 line never moves to the middle. I hit the throttle and the bike wants to die, then does. I moved the wires around and while testing the voltage and resistance and the values never changed. Lost at this point. it somehow got worse after i took the sensor out and put it back in. Weird.

Currently my Busa is still undergoing reconstruction (Turbo Build), otherwise definately. If you don't get your issue resolved by the time mine is back up and running, we can work something out.

Currently my Busa is still undergoing reconstruction (Turbo Build), otherwise definately. If you don't get your issue resolved by the time mine is back up and running, we can work something out.

I think ill just order me an ECU. I don't really want to wait and miss the riding season.

I think ill just order me an ECU. I don't really want to wait and miss the riding season.

I don't mind testing anything out for you man, shoot me an email and I'll get you my cel, you can text if you want.
info at echobasegroup dot ca

Just a heads up for everyone.
His ECU tested fine in my bike.
His original TPS worked fine on my bike with my ECU but when I tried running his ECU and that same TPS (His original one) it was a little bit hesitant at low RPM's, nothing like he was experiencing with his bike though.
His Replacement TPS with my ECU would not allow the bike to start.

So there you go.

Just a heads up for everyone.
His ECU tested fine in my bike.
His original TPS worked fine on my bike with my ECU but when I tried running his ECU and that same TPS (His original one) it was a little bit hesitant at low RPM's, nothing like he was experiencing with his bike though.
His Replacement TPS with my ECU would not allow the bike to start.

So there you go.

Thank you so much for the help! Ill be testing my wire harness now.

How do I test my harness? Today I took out the flap in my air box, thinking there wasn't enough air coming in or maybe my vacuum lines had an issue and the bike ran the same. Can it maybe be the mass air flow sensor? How would i test it? Where can I get a manual?

Hey guys just wanted to come back and say thank you to all of you who took the time to help me out. I especially want to thank Rudy (EchoBaser) for his help. He went out of his way to test my parts on his own bike. I sent him my two TPS sensors and ECU and he tested them for free. One sensor got lost in the mail but that was ok. Sending to Canada and back isn't the safest thing. I ordered a new one since the one that did come back was the bad one. After I purchased a new sensor, Rudy took four hours out of his day to help me diagnose my problem over FaceTime. He took his bike apart as i did mine. Tested everything step by step. The harness for shorts, The TPS sensors, the coils, and other minor things. When we were testing the coil wires, he noticed that i wasn't testing the correct wires based on the color of them. Thats when he helped me realize i screwed up big time. My coil pack wires 1 and 2 were swapped. Since my wires on my coil wire for the 1cyl is longer than my 2nd cyl wire. I mixed them up. After putting them in the correct order my bike ran perfectly again!!! Took it out for a ride and no more issues. Solid. Guys i highly recommend Rudy. He is honest and sincerely wants to help. If there are some of you that don't know, he sells a few cool things for our bikes so go check them out!! Thank you Hayabusa forum for making this possible and connecting me with the correct people!

Your first noise sounds normal, if it goes away when you pull the clutch in. Thats the slipper in the clutch making the noise. Now for as far as the loss of power, it really can be several things, a plugged fuel filter in the tank. Plugged vents in the tank. I really dont think its a clutch problem at all. Are you sure that when the bike was reassembled that all the sensors are plugged in correctly?
You may need to do a fuel pressure test, to rule out the filter and pump, but ill bet its a fuel issue!
Its an 06 with 10k miles. It was stored with gas, yes. So i just went to the store and got some new oil and injector cleaner. Going to give that a shot. Guys i just rode the bike and it definitely sounds like a clutch issue. The noise is there when i rev the bike in neutral. When i pull in the clutch and rev the engine the clank is gone. Its a smooth rev. When clutch is out and i rev it, its as if the engine catches up to the clutch and it clunks. So i think there is to much play in the clutch, so when lever pressed in, the clutch is no longer like a solid part and the friction between plates takes the play and muffles it. Just my thoughts. Ill go rip it part once again. Ill try and post pics and video.

Your first noise sounds normal, if it goes away when you pull the clutch in. Thats the slipper in the clutch making the noise. Now for as far as the loss of power, it really can be several things, a plugged fuel filter in the tank. Plugged vents in the tank. I really dont think its a clutch problem at all. Are you sure that when the bike was reassembled that all the sensors are plugged in correctly?
You may need to do a fuel pressure test, to rule out the filter and pump, but ill bet its a fuel issue!

Thank you, but the issue has already been resolved.

GIXERHP, Good call man, that was exactly what it was, just something plugging in the wrong place.
Thanks for your suggestion!
:thumbsup:

Back