06 Busa throttle issue

jtusing1

Registered
I have a 2006 Hayabusa that sometimes takes a couple tries to start,runs and idles fine but it has something with the throttle. When fully pinned it won't go over 2500 rpm and will rev up when let off which makes moving it a hassle since it has trouble getting the clutch to gas ratio right trying to ride. What might that issue be? Spark plugs are good but air smells a bit funny when at idle with new gas throttle itself snaps back no vacuums or vacuum leaks fuel pump was replaced by previous owner no fuel controller on bike

Welcome to the forum @jtusing1.

It sounds like the throttle cable is binding if it keeps revving when the throttle is off. You may want to trace the cable route from the control to the throttle bodies, and lube it, or perhaps replace if the inspection requires it.

Do you have a service manual?
No I don't have a serive manual. I have cleaned fuel injectors and I can get it rolling now it has no acceleration unless I ride the clutch out VERY slowly

Remove the throttle cables from the throttle bodies, then run the engine at idle, then manually open the throttle bodies by hand…. Does it rev up normally?
If so it’s a cable or throttle tube on the handlebar issue.
If not, check the exhaust or the intake is not blocked.

Back