06 busa acting like its stuck on revlimeter

Yeager

Registered
Hey guys this is for my club buddy he has a 2006 busa with power commander. Parked the bike for winter did all the fuel treatment stuff. Brought it out for summer and it will not rev past 4k rpm sounds like its stuck on revlimeter.

We have changed fuel pump and filter. Rest the tps location by putting it in dealer mode. Un pluged the power commander and still the same. Any help would be fantastic. I can also include a video if it would help

Hey guys this is for my club buddy he has a 2006 busa with power commander. Parked the bike for winter did all the fuel treatment stuff. Brought it out for summer and it will not rev past 4k rpm sounds like its stuck on revlimeter.

We have changed fuel pump and filter. Rest the tps location by putting it in dealer mode. Un pluged the power commander and still the same. Any help would be fantastic. I can also include a video if it would help
:lol:
Video would be very helpful!

Did you put fresh fuel in when the fuel components were changed? What type of fuel was in it prior to storage?

Yes new fuel was put in he whent with a higher flow rate fuel pump with new filter I believe I believe 91 octane was what he uses.

I ran out of fuel and against better judgement I put some fuel I had laying around that more than likely had ethanol. Bike ran pretty bad and sure enough it was bad gas I put in and the bike ran bad from old gas.

He sed he got it last week. I dont know poop about busa. Is their a launch control stock. If not where would of the previous owner put one in.

I do not believe he changed the plugs. I will ask him about the plugs when we had the gas tank off everything seamd too look like it was in the right location not enough room to mix up coils from what I remember

No launch control from the factory. Is there anything else plugged in line with the ECU besides the PC? Any unexplained ground wires coming off the battery? Check and recheck the plug wires. It does sound like it's hitting a rev limiter....

Just the power commander as far as we have found also we unplugged it and plugged everything back with out the power commander and same exact thing. Not throwing any codes we did the tps re center in dealer mode

Things don't typically just "go bad" over a winter, but it's possible. As suggested, check the plug/coil wire positions, make sure they're snapped into place properly. Check for extra electronics that you haven't noticed, and you might want to make sure all the fuel lines are routed where they aren't getting pinched or kinked when you lower the tank.

Cool mr brown I will make sure we double check everything I really appreciate all the help you guys I will ask him about the gas he put back in it. I was worried that an injector could be clogged we do live in ca and the gas is horrible here.

Back