05 Busa mods

Driven

Registered
Hi - I recently joined this forum and thought I would list the modifications to my 05 Busa. I am a fairly aggressive rider so I was more interested in handling then cosmetic so the mods are as follows:
Marchesini Aluminum wheels
full ti Akropovic exhaust
stock gearing Driven aluminum rear sprocket/ZZZ chain
Ohlins rear shock
Power Commander 3
Heli bars
Zero Gravity double bubble
Driven Superbike grips
Sato Racing rear sets
Corbin seat
If anyone has questions about gearing or other issues, I would be glad to try and help as both my partner and myself are former motorcycle shop owners.

Did you do any work to the forks? The stock springs are too light for most.. but maybe you are a little thinner than I.
beerchug.gif

And welcome to the board!!
cool.gif

Hey thanks for the welcome. I actually havent messed with the front end at all after an initial setup. I have a feeling that the lighter wheels might make up for the light spring action you refer to. I think those wheels made the biggest difference in the canyons. Good to meetcha Hillrider.

welcome.gif

You have done nice things to your scoot!

With that Ohlins in the back
drools.gif
you now have a VERY mismatched suspension as far as quality, 100% rear and maybe 60-70% front. Front rebuild (Traxion Dynamics, Ohlins etc.)to your specs would probably be a night/day difference...
smile.gif

As far as the Sato reasets are concerned, they are a high quality item and very smooth especially when compared to the stock setup. Their pix are on their website. I chose black to go with my black & silver 05. I will try and post pix of my bike asap. Sorry.

As far as the front end goes Im probably a 60-70% rider anyway so it equals out I guess  
smile.gif

Thanks guys for the warm welcome

As for the front end, there are several posts here (and on the that other board) saying the stock springs are way too soft (0.85kg/mm?) and are only proper for a ridiculously light (30-80# IIRC) rider.

Lotsa peeps change to 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2 springs up front. It's a relatively cheap swap (~$120) for RaceTech springs and you could always swap back to stock and sell the RTs if you don't like them. (That's what I'm thinking of doing since it's clear my two-week old bike is clearly unbalanced front/rear with the stock shock in back).

Best luck & welcome
Eric

I have 1.o kilo springs now.what a differance!!!and I haven't had a chance to run in some good curves. YET.

Welcome Driven! Your bike sounds set up very rationally...but like the others suggest, do the front forks asap. I happened to go full Race Tech front and rear but if $ isn't an obstacle, Ohlins Road and Track front forks are the ultimate. As hard a rider as I am, however,I would still do the Race Tech front even with an Ohlins rear($600 vrs $2800). I weigh 230 lbs and (this is not a brag) ask everything from my Busa's suspension....I am nowhere near its limits for street and track day use. Good luck, welcome and have fun! Raydog

front_fork_swap009.JPG

Back