05' bolt on turbo kit?

GCBC

Registered
Have an absolutely mint 05 that im either going to do a turbo kit or sell the bike this winter. I have other much faster and more fun bikes now and think 280whp on 93oct would be perfect on this 05. Im not sure what the safe but not overly safe maximum power level is as it will be ridden WOT on the highway anytime its being ridden at this point if I turbo it. It would only be ridden hard on the highway about 20times a year. no other riding that said it needs to behave in normal riding environments as far as drivability of the mapping etc

Im only finding kits for gen 2s or ones that are insanely priced for gen 1. Id go with a mint condition used kit as long as I dont have to weld or fab anything.
Id also prefer to NOT to a thicker head gasket as that is a lot of work but if it means I can make an additional 20whp+ then id do it. I dont want it to be a major project just a single day to pull things off and put it all together.

thanks for advice

Last edited:
I do not think a thicker head gasket will get you additional power but as I understand it it will let your motor live a lot longer. And yes it is a lot of work as Frank explained to me

Pm Powerhouse in NY, or Boosted Cycle Performance in Texas.
They are the org's resident turbo experts.
Turbos will be a huge waste of money when done wrong.

An RCC Stage One for your Gen 1 Busa can be installed on a stock motor and will make anywhere from 260-280 rear wheel on 93 octane. These kits go for $4350 and the optional BOV is an additional $395 installed. Properly installed and tuned, the bike will act totally like a stocker until about 6,000 rpm when it becomes a different bike. You would be able to drive to church on Sunday and straight to the track from there. I recommend that you get your ecu flashed as well. POWERHOUSE can ship out a kit tomorrow, if you want, and we would be more than happy to help you through the build, tune and well beyond.
Go for it! :beerchug:

Theres a nice stretch thats about 1.25mile that id like to do a pass then 2minutes later come back opposite way do another pass, go back then come back one last time then continue riding normal back roads at normal elevated sport bike speeds

see this is just too much for me, I should just sell it and get somebody turn key wicked fast death trap that they are selling because the wife (who also rides) has begged them to sell the cruise missile turbo busa lol.

see this is just too much for me, I should just sell it and get somebody turn key wicked fast death trap that they are selling because the wife (who also rides) has begged them to sell the cruise missile turbo busa lol.

There's no way in hell you would be able to install all of this by yourself in a day..

Even shops with ready hands would need 3-4 days, and a dyno tune to set up the bike.

I confess to being curious where there is a piece if road deserted enough, straight enough and long enough to ride a bike at probably 200 plus mph. I mean that's a mile a little under every 20 seconds.

There's no way in hell you would be able to install all of this by yourself in a day..

Even shops with ready hands would need 3-4 days, and a dyno tune to set up the bike.

IDK, looking at the pic of parts it looks like you'd just tear down the bike to the point like your doing an air filter and full exhaust install..... Basically everything there from the intake side of engine ad the exhaust side.... No new injectors or this n that.

IDK, looking at the pic of parts it looks like you'd just tear down the bike to the point like your doing an air filter and full exhaust install..... Basically everything there from the intake side of engine ad the exhaust side.... No new injectors or this n that.

You're tearing down the whole engine as well..

Back