05 Battery

sweet tea man

Registered
Looking to replace my 05 battery as it is showing signs of its age.

Last time I went back with a stock battery on my last bike, but curious if you guys had any luck with any battery upgrades and feedback.

Thanks guys!

Shorai lithium batteries are good.

And you save close to 2.5 kg . Charges great by Busa alone if you ride fairly often , or if you are seasonally forced off the road , get a Shorai charger and has storage as well as charge mode . There are 2 available for Busa , and difference is cranking amps . Not cheap , but all round good investment IMO , but there are several competitors that are now lighter I believe , well worth checking out .

image.jpeg
I have a lithium battery in the Busa and it fires instantly due to high cranking amps. Better than before and very light. Had to get a proper tender for it too. I've dealt with BatteryStuff.com for years and their CS is tops. The picture that shows up if you're looking for an OEM replacement for a 1982 Honda CBX is my old touring mount sitting in the middle of hiway 395 in south central Oregon one fine day on my way to Montana.:)

Shorai here also, but their specific charger is pretty much mandatory if your bike has an alarm and other electronics and sits for several weeks at times. BIke those fire up easier/faster due to increase cranking amps. They are not cheap though.

Back