04 Hayabusa

Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
Just wanna know if anyone heard anything about the 04 Busa or if it will make it to 2004?

Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
HMMMMMMMMMMMM. Put a bug in my ear if you hear anything postive .

rccola

Registered
a 1400 would be wonderful. it would be restricted of course. the throttle bodies,injectors,pistons etc would be different. i wonder how long it would take some clever fellow to open up Pandora's box.

They have to kepp making the busa. well they don't but I think it sells well. It will not compare to the 600 cc market. A certain type of rider buys a hayabusa just like Italian bikes or BMWs. Please correct me if I'm wrong but the bike market must be still strong.

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
I'm pretty sure it was someone here that mentioned that they heard from a reliable source bout the 1400 thing.
Check in if yer out there.

mikeyusf

Registered
I'm the one who started the 1400CC rumor. This rumor originated from a conversation I overheard with the Ft Lauderdale area Suzuki Respresenative at Broward MotorSports in Ft Lauderdale.

The rep was talking with the sales manager about possible changes to the product lines. When they started talking about the hayabusa, I heard comments about how it's popularity went down when it got restricted, and the fact that it hasnt changed any from its initial release that Suzuki was concerned.

This was casual conversation, and I overheard him saying something about 1400CCs. When he left, I was told that they possibly have a 1400CC concept hayabusa at the testing grounds. Nothing was concrete, all conversation.

But, since it came from the Suzuki Rep, I considered it a reliable source and told everyone about it.

It could be bullsh*t, but then again, you could say you heard it here first!

I hope they do some changes, it's getting kinda boring. Give me some standard HID lights, maybe some other options, maybe even a new headlight or larger intact ducts, something for the love of god!

Mike

phesby

Registered
I read somewhere that there might be a 1400cc Bandit (based off the GSX1400 I'd guess) for '04, maybe that's what the rep was talking about?

Tree

Registered
I have heard or read somewhere that all the new bikes as of 2004-2005 will be restricted to 165 mph. As far as the 1400, don't know.

Later,

Steve

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
Word here in my neck-of-the-woods is that individual dealerships will slow, or completely stop their orders for Busas because the insurance on them is ridiculously high. Our dealership here cancelled the order for the '03 Burnt Orange SE because they probably wouldn't sell it. Will just have to wait and see what happens.

Brian

mikeyusf

Registered
insurance? my busa costs me about $30 a month for full coverage from state farm. Then again, I'm 25 with 3 houses and 4 vehicles through the same agent, but it's still cheap!

Mike

If you want to introduce radically lower restrictions (i.e. automotive standard speed cutoff), a "complete redesign" is the ideal place to insert it. That way, previous models of ECM's wouldn't do anybody any good because the whole thing would be redesigned and incompatible.

Just my cynical self. Dear Suzuki, don't screw with a good thing. Look what an abortion Honda turned the GoldWing into and learn your lesson...

Nazgul

Registered
Still saving for a Busa, but if they redesign it, then give me an 03, or 02 SE. 1300 cc's will be plenty, not to mention that they've spent the last couple of years perfecting THIS design. No more sub frames breaking, the cam chains are good now, etc. I've been following the Busa's evolution since 1999, and even tho Suzuki hasn't updated the original concept of the Busa, they have come leaps and bounds in the over-all quality of the bike. That's the advantage of sticking to what works.

I say a 64 bit LOOPED system is the answer...mass air flow meter, temperture sensor, and exhaust sensor, the purity and smoothness of the power would be overwhelming, lighter wheels, lighter rotors, radial mounted calipers, titanium throughbolts, lighter suspension and better quality, lighter frame, full titanium exhaust. basically the same thing they did to the 1k and for gods sake, if you are going to make an SE or an AE, put some Olins and Marchesinis on it! make it lighter not heavier! a 40th anneversiry sticker? WTF?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rubbersidedown Hayabusa toys Wanted 1
N New to Hayabusa, looking at 2015 New Owners Forum 30
clintr79 Wanting to trade for Hayabusa Bikes 10
M 2004 Hayabusa 6500 Arkansas Bikes 4
ItsDooomz FS: ASV Levers 99 and up Hayabusa $160 shipped Parts and Modifications 0
N 2007 hayabusa fuel gauge the isnt working Busa problems 1
VIPER My 2005 Hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 3
SmokeKingOfCali99Hayabusa Hayabusa Single stage Lockup clutch?. General Bike Related Topics 2
K Should I join the hayabusa team? And gsxr 1k views General Bike Related Topics 8
rubbersidedown We have all looked at 1000's of Hayabusa images...I dunno 'bout this one General Bike Related Topics 5
C Had to share this: Repair shop/tuning shop claims my 40K mile hayabusa or any hayabusa motor shot with anything over 20K miles LOL General Bike Related Topics 22
hayabuser Hayabusa Turbo 3-wheeler... not what you likely think. General Bike Related Topics 2
T 2000 Hayabusa restoration New Owners Forum 15
B Smart tre gen 1 hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 1
2 2011 Suzuki Hayabusa Classifieds 3
B Gen 1 hayabusa coil resistance General Bike Related Topics 6
M Is a Hayabusa the right bike for me? General Bike Related Topics 38
P Adding digital speedometer to 2nd Gen Hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 5
SmokeKingOfCali99Hayabusa 99 Hayabusa Motor General Bike Related Topics 6
V 2009 Turbo Hayabusa GSX1300R Bikes 10
datforeignguy 2015 Hayabusa Head Cowl Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 2
hayabuser 1/4 scale Hayabusa... are you kidding me? General Bike Related Topics 10
Z Max horsepower on gen2 hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 13
rubbersidedown On-line petition started to ban a member here on Hayabusa.Org Random Thoughts 17
Turbo Bob 2005 Hayabusa Turbo $14,500. Bikes 2
M 2000 hayabusa fuel pump Busa problems 5
B Hayabusa Rear Sprockett Upgrade General Bike Stuff 12
N Hayabusa jerky and dies Busa problems 8
AsleepAtTheTree WHY NOT scream a hayabusa??? Problem Engine and Performance mods 7
B Hayabusa 2008 gen2 speed problem Busa problems 20
J ISO gen 1 hayabusa plastics black/grey or just black Classifieds 2
H 2008 Hayabusa front seat General Bike Related Topics 4
P 04 Hayabusa R1 front fender Busa Mods 10
O Got a new 2015 Hayabusa today New Owners Forum 11
B Hayabusa H7 led Parts and Modifications 7
P 2000 suzuki hayabusa Gsx1300R Turbo Showcase Forums 2
P GEN 1 SUZUKI HAYABUSA FOR SALE Classifieds 2
B Hayabusa 08-20 swingarm extension Parts and Modifications 5
F 2005 Hayabusa issues, bent valve? General Bike Related Topics 6
C 2007 Hayabusa missing 2 cylinders Busa problems 7
U Is my 2018 CBR1000RR Abs faster than my 2006 Hayabusa? General Bike Related Topics 10
Q Hayabusa Engine Blueprint/Dimensions General Bike Related Topics 0
R Koso DB03R in Hayabusa K8 Electrical Mods 1
rubbersidedown A short course on HOW TO SHOW OFF YOUR HAYABUSA 101. Random Thoughts 20
T #inch Hayabusa Crest For Jacket Wanted 1
Samaki Why I chose Hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 14
J WTB- Joe Rocket Hayabusa jacket Wanted 10
rubbersidedown Hayabusa picture contest,I've done these before. Random Thoughts 99
Slowstang305 2012 Hayabusa Motor 500 miles $2800 (Not mine) Motor and Exhaust 0
A Hayabusa for a younger guy New Owners Forum 29