03 Motor Swap/07 Wiring Harness/00 rolling frame PROJECT issues

Michael Lucas

Registered
Ive got a mess on our hands but I think with a little knowledge this can be done. One way or another! I hope!

I am trying to get this bike up and running. We purchased an rolling 00 rolling frame and installed a 2003 motor... Now the problem is lying within the 07 Harness. I would assume?

Everything will connect together just fine. No issues other than turning the bike on... Bike has fire... but the fuel pump (that noise) will not surge/prime.

The signals and headlight are a mess I believe bc the controls are for a different year and i would assume it has something to do with the harness...

So My question is this a battle worth fighting or should we just look for another harness that will work for the setup that we have...

If anyone has some thoughts or ideas? either possibly doing a pin swap or just doing away with that harness and getting one that will work for the ecu and controls that we have...

Its frustrating at the moment but i hope its all worth the battle.

Ive got turn-signal issues - (00 hand controls) (07 ECU)

Fuel pump/Tank - (03 & 00 Tanks w/fuel pumps)

I answered your other thread, but the bar controls (switches) are not compatible with the new harness. Someone on here re-pinned theirs, but I do not know how to do it. Either re-pin or buy newer controls

Back