03 Busa TRE, Gear Box

rmking

Registered
Hey Gang..

Picked up an 03 40th anniv. last week..Have been pretty impressed with the bike so far, and have added a few modes. Heli bars, TRE, and a Touring Zero Gravity shield..My question here is that on occasion, when going down into first gear (Only Hot) and ONLY when rolling "slow" the shifter doesn't "Click" on "down" and feels almost like a binding condition (not a gear dog/mess issue) and "always" goes in but feels like it's being forced in, and not ratcheted down feeling..I get around it, by shifting down early (higher speed) or a short stop in neutral with a throttle bump before the downshift..My last Suzuki had a butter smooth box, and the Busa box is definetly a bit crunchier, and this seems to be more of a design issue..After I added the TRE, and if you downshift in the 2500 RPM range, you get the RPM drop off from the TRE, and it makes it even harder to get a clean/quite shift. The 1st shift isn't a big deal but I was wondering if this is more normal than not, for these big geared boxes..and/or if there is anyway for an improvement.. Maybe I was just spoiled with the smoother equipment!! Talked to the shop, and they haven't had a simular complaint yet, they seemed to think it was a gear allignment issue on the downshift (stopped), but this happens while still spinning the gears.. ANY THOUGHTS?? Other than that...I can't seem too stay off this brute!! Thanks...Rob..

BUMP...  
bored.gif

if you have a PC or an EMS or a TEKA you don't need it.
Or if you are going to be getting you don't need it
Mr. Cheese does the tre do anything in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear?  Reason why I am asking is this...I own an 03' with the following mods; Full Micron ti 4/2/1, PC3R, and the tre.  I put the tre on right after i bought the bike, had it from my TLR, then did the exhaust, then PC3R.  <span style='color:darkred'>I took the TRE off a little while after that because I heard it my cause motor damage be leaning it to much.  While I had it off, the bike would learch forward in lower rpm.</span> After reinstalling the TRE the bike was fine.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric

yes it advances it but you can do that with the PC.
The TRE was making it richer not leaner.
NOTE: if a map was MADE repeat MADE (not downloaded or bowwored from someone) with a TRE install DO NOT REMOVE IT.
If a map mwas made and then a TRE installed you are now too rich.

Most maps with PC3 I add a little timing here and there to make it peppier But I don't like adding it at 0-2% due to that is usually startup don't want advance there

yes it advances it but you can do that with the PC.
The TRE was making it richer not leaner.
NOTE: if a map was MADE repeat MADE (not downloaded or bowwored from someone) with a TRE install DO NOT REMOVE IT.
If a map mwas made and then a TRE installed you are now too rich.

Most maps with PC3 I add a little timing here and there to make it peppier But I don't like adding it at 0-2% due to that is usually startup don't want advance there
Thanks for the help

Back