03' BURNT ORANGE BUSA

DRE'

Registered
HELLO TO ALL FROM FT. WAINWRIGHT, ALASKA!  YEAH, STILL COLD.
I JUST PUT DOWN ON MY 03' BURNT ORANGE BUSA.
firedevil.gif

DEALER SAYING IT WILL BE IN BEFORE MAY, I'M HOPING IT DOES.  I WANTED TO KNOW WHERE AND ABOUT HOW MUCH FOR A 4:2:1 EXHAUST AND WHAT WORKS/SOUNDS GREAT ON A BUSA!  I WANT A HIGH MOUNT, BUT THE DEALER SAID THAT THEY DON'T HAVE PASSENGER PEGS FOR HIGH MOUNTED EXHAUSTS! HOW CAN I GET A HIGH MOUNT SINGLE EXHAUST AND STILL BE ABLE TO GO 2UP? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

I like the HMF 4:2:1:2 but all in all HMF's are good pipes, in my mind. You do need to modify the plastics by about a 1/4 inch or have good heat shields beyond what they give. This is in the front left and also underneath at the header and pipe that goes to the can.

HMF PIPES!!!

WHO NEEDS REAR PEG'S..... they only slow you down!!
tounge.gif

high_mount_pipes.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I was at Wainwright from 93-96 5/9 Infantry(Manchu's) I guess it is now the 172nd INF BDE. If you havent done so before head out towards Chena Hot Springs, should have plenty of good roads to ride, watch out for the loose gravel in the twisties(wish salt would work on the ice the gravel sucks). Plenty of straightaways out on the Old Stease too. Good luck on the new bike and post some pics when you get it.

<span style='color:coral'></span>
firedevil.gif
Got mine on July 5... I've already mod'd the tail bubble to leave the hang on bar on, removed the rear side reflectors, added a low note 138Db horn, and am thinking about a new screen and a TRE.....

cussing.gif
ran out of money to do major stuff....

Lovin' the Burnt Busa!

Back