01 gsxr problems

thapp

Donating Member
Registered
ok i have a gsxr 750 that has been neglected since i got my hayabusa. well got a bug up my but to get it going again. pulled it out of the corner pulled the battery frum the busa to put in it( battery was bad) started it up and ran fine so took a little ride to shake it down, make sure everthing was ok pulled in to top off the tank . and it acts like battery is dead lights come on starter tries to start but just not enought spin to get it going. brought it home did a bunch of trouble shooting . checked the battry it was fine by my meter so thru it back in the busa abd it started the busa fine. so i ordered a starter put it on today went for a little ride. i'll be danged if it still doesnt want to start when it hot. im at aloss for this any ideas guys

If it was sitting for a long period of time i would check the electrical connections on the starter relay and the grounds take them off and clean them just to be sure it's not corrosion on a contact causing the issue.

I just replaced a SeaDoo starter with the exact same symptoms. Problem solved. You should be good with the new starter. Best of luck! :thumbsup:

Haven't had any starter issues, but just had to rewire the stator on my '01 600. Began as a battery issue, but charged and then kept dying after just a couple rides. Changed to a new battery and the new one wasn't holding charge. Connectors were burnt up from the stator. Pull the clutch side plastic and check the connectors. Guess its a known issue with those bikes.

well i just replaced the starter yesterday and about six months ago replaced the stator and reg/rec only thing left is to try to clean the ground on the motor as i did clean the batt terminals yesterday when i put my busa battery in it

another thing it could be is the regulator / rectifier had the same problem on my old ZX-9 you should be able to find a schematic on it and test it with an Ohm meter

Back