01 GSXR 1k wheel Conversion

ManBusa

Registered
Anyone here has pics for this conversion? Read in the past post the the front wheel is a straight swap but the rear needs needs some "special spacer" or "milling". Anybody has pics to show this???

Thanks in advance....

front needs spacers on each side of the wheel and you also have to use the 1k rotors also the rear needs a spacer and to have the brake hanger milled off .125 and use a busa rotor

Send a email to antdog600@hotmail.com he makes the spacers that you need!
Let him know witch wheels are going to be using.

As for milling the brake hanger needs to have 125th of an inch removed also!

By milling you mean to grind/file off the brake hanger right?? Is it the one nearer to the wheel side or the one nearer to the swing arm?

Punisher99: Hope you can post pics on the process being done...

One more question guys.... 125th of an inch is equal to how many Millimetres??? Sorry,we use the metric measurement this part of the world... hehehehee... And I am not good at doing the Inch to metric conversion thingy...

You have to mill the brake hanger on the rear 1/8th inch on the swing arm side of the hanger. My brother used a stock hanger on his zook arm, and didnt have any problems. I'll deff post pics as soon as I get there, I'm getting my arm done tomorow.

You have to mill the brake hanger on the rear 1/8th inch on the swing arm side of the hanger. My brother used a stock hanger on his zook arm, and didnt have any problems. I'll deff post pics as soon as I get there, I'm getting my arm done tomorow.

The caliper without milling the bracket is not centered on the rotor!

lighter and I like the look of the thinner spokes
IMG_0116.jpg

Sorry I'm slow, I'm doing a chassis build on my busa, wheels swap and nitrous re plumbing on my 1k and full suspension/nitrous on my mustang all at the same time! I have the front wheel on the busa, it was a direct swap with an 02 1k wheel. The rear wheel fits, but I had to mill the arm side of the brake hanger 1/8th to get it to fit properly, other than that it was a bolt up job. I used my 1k rotor on front and rear, and swapped my 1k caliper to the busa, and used mthe busa caliper on my 1k for it's new wheel... I'll get pics up hopefully later today....

Back