01 Gen 1 Busa Cold Start Problem, Running Rich

RobTheMech

Registered
Forgive me if there is another answer somewhere but I have searched and not specifically found what I am looking for.

ok 2001 Hayabusa

New Plugs (Gapped Correctly)
New Coils
Has A PCII on it (I have tried to get the bike running with or without the unit hooked up)

When the bike is warm, it starts right up but I can tell its still definitely something off about it. its running rich. Now I have the PCII all the way up to the rich side (Low, Mid, High) because that's the only way I can get it to run or start. If the bike is cold or haven't been ran for a day, I cant get it to start or run at all. I use my battery charger while attempting to crank.

I've swapped tanks with a buddy to make sure it wasn't the fuel pump because initially I thought it was running lean due to intake popping. its really all over the place, Ive tried adjusting the TPS sensor in every position possible.

any other ideas would help, I've made sure all the lines and connections all over the bike are good and connected, starting fluid does not help whether its cold or hot.

forgive me if im all over the place, im just jotting down some things ive tried that would give me a clue, please help lol

Update: Im actually only running on cylinders 2 & 3, 1&4 have no spark (outside cylinders), any suggestions? Spark plug wet with fuel.

Try moving your coils around. If you start running on just 1 and 2 then you know what the problem is.

I dont understand....I just swapped these coils from my other busa onto the one im having problems out of. the coils I have in the other bike are running fine. but I did notice they started firing when I wiggled 1&4 around in the head. its kinf of weird because if I back the coil off the spark plug a little bit it'll fire. Ive never ran across this problem.

Back