01 Busa Won't Start

does the starter move?

did you try the old sparks to test? some years ago i heard of one issue with 4 brand new sparks.

did you pull the c.-lever?

did you "put" in the side stand - perhaps its switch makes some trouble
r
No, the starter does not turn over; the clutch was pulled in on each try
I tried with the kickstand down and up same results.
I did not try to go back to the old plugs however, the lack of power I did not think would be caused by the plugs. The starter would still turn over even though no spark.
do the lights come on and the speedo and tach needles should sweep when you turn on the ignition switch on you should also hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds
That's a negative on all acounts...was thinking I tore a wire loose with a dropped socket but have not been able to find it by eyeballing. If I get nothing from the routes suggested, I think I'll try spark chasing with a multi meter, which means I'll be in the deep end...

check all the simple stuff, like clutch lever switch, kickstand switch etc etc, guarantee its something simple.
Yes, I figure the same. But simple seems like it still will be hard to find at this point. Was wondering if all possible causes, simple and out the ordinary could be discussed. My life story, simple but complicated...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

does the starter move?

did you try the old sparks to test? some years ago i heard of one issue with 4 brand new sparks.

did you pull the c.-lever?

did you "put" in the side stand - perhaps its switch makes some trouble
r
No, the starter does not turn over; the clutch was pulled in on each try
I tried with the kickstand down and up same results.
I did not try to go back to the old plugs however, the lack of power I did not think would be caused by the plugs. The starter would still turn over even though no spark.
Are we working on his 2016 problem still? Or his 2020 problem? 4 years is a long time to have the same issue. :laugh: Deja Vu
Anyway,not mentioned yet, but kill switches fail sometimes,especially if you them constantly to shut the motor off,which I don't believe in.
Wears out the switch,too easy to forget to turn the key off and drain the battery,etc.View attachment 1621209

Rubb.
Yes, same problem. Ended up just garaging the bike due to traveling for work and not enough time when not traveling. The reviews on local shops wasn'
Check the contacts on the starter motor connectors, they are black leads under the tank on the left side above the chain rail. My 06 all of a sudden died when it was working fine giving me a CHEC light and no power to the fuel system or to the starter. Cleaned it up really good with some contact cleaner and it started right back up. Hope this helps.

encoraging either. Now that Im WFH because of Ms. Corona, no commute, and extra time to fix stuff. Or at least try.
Yeah, I smell fish . . . .
No fish bruh, just had to give up and garage the bike before. No time and traveling fior work before. WFH now and nit traveling due to Ms. Corona now, so extra time to get back to what matters.

Are we working on his 2016 problem still? Or his 2020 problem? 4 years is a long time to have the same issue. :laugh: Deja Vu
Anyway,not mentioned yet, but kill switches fail sometimes,especially if you them constantly to shut the motor off,which I don't believe in.
Wears out the switch,too easy to forget to turn the key off and drain the battery,etc.View attachment 1621209

Rubb.
Ill look at the kill switch too. Thanks!

Ill look at the kill switch too. Thanks!
We will get this sorted out for you bro. We don't like to lose. I've had 5 Busa's since 2000 and done all my own work. A lot of the techs and backyarders on here have a 100 times the skillz I think I have. You are in the right hands bro. The Busa I have now is a 550+ horsepower turbo monster that I know fug all about.

But with the help of the bro's, I will learn.Follow thru on the idea's you get,it will pay off. Give a summary of what you've done,it will speed things up. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

did you "brigde" the clutch lever switch - connect both wires

i had that issue 3 days ago
after complete repair and fine / best starting the day before
the busa didn´t want to start any more one day later (pump did run)
by chance i touched the wire and found one pulled out of connector
re-solded and the busa started.

trivial issue but stopping all.

Back