01 busa uneven pad wear

mattcoolyo

Registered
I have a 01 busa and have a weird uneven pad wear on the back. I noticed it last time i changed the rear pads and thought it was due to a aftermarket rotor. Well i put the stock one back on and got the same results. It looks like the caliper hanger on the axle it bolts up to is sitting low and doesnt let it rest the full pad on the rotor. Just wonder if anyone has seen this issue thanks. Ill upload a pic in a min phone wont let mr

From memory the entire pad should be in contact with the rotor. Somethings wrong.

Here's the pic

image.jpg

Alright I'll post a pic tomorrow it's off the bike right now but I'll toss it on tomorrow morning. My bike is stretched and has the brake bar eliminator BUT it wore that way when it was stock and had a brake bar.

wow........... No idea.......... Looks like the rotor is just riding straight through it. Like the rotor is too short but if it does it with the stock rotor I'd say your pistons are coming out cockeyed

Here's a pic of the caliper on the bike. I am waiting on my new braided brake line to come in so I can't bleed them and pump the brakes. And these aren't the actual bolts that hold it on there but that is how the caliper always sits. You can see the pad is half on and half off the rotor. And I've also changed the brake caliper hanger before thinking that was it but it didn't help.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think I see your problem :laugh:

Drill two wholes above the ones in the hanger and it should be close. Actually fix it, if you can fix by drilling two wholes above those go for it. Your hanger is wrong, to long

it has a gsxr rotor on it,,,they are smaller than the busa,,you can get a busa rotor ot get a hanger from a 2001 to 03 gsxr and fix it.

Man I hope you're right I'm getting new rims this weekend and rotors. They are off a hayabusa also so I guess ill report back on Sunday and let yall know.

I used to run the gsxr rear rotor on my busa and had to use the caliper hanger off the gsxr because the gsxr rotor is smaller in diameter .
Man I hope you're right I'm getting new rims this weekend and rotors. They are off a hayabusa also so I guess ill report back on Sunday and let yall know.

Back