‘they are becoming very dated as street bikes’ ?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I read this phrase in another post here referring to the Busa and B King and essentially all (older) motorcycles and having ridden for many many years, I just don’t understand it. How much are the (relatively) new riders expecting a motorcycle to do for them? Would they prefer to just get on one and let (it) do the steering and braking altogether? Isn’t that what a pillion does? Where have all the real motorcycle riders gone?

What , that the Busa isn't loaded with rider aids etc , and that is what is essentially needed now hp has reach very high outputs , when you get learner riders buying them , like they are all old masters with the sort of ability needed to pilot , that power correctly !! Take those aids off , and any riding mistake made could have very bad consequences for the newbie ... The old unaided machines , are for the old school pilot to ride and enjoy , utilizing their accumulated wealth of riding knowledge to then exercise their ability to extract and enjoy the very best out of the true and old school rider machine !!

Last edited:
I read this phrase in another post here referring to the Busa and B King and essentially all (older) motorcycles and having ridden for many many years, I just don’t understand it. How much are the (relatively) new riders expecting a motorcycle to do for them? Would they prefer to just get on one and let (it) do the steering and braking altogether? Isn’t that what a pillion does? Where have all the real motorcycle riders gone?
These millennials don't respect anything.... they don't wanna be part of history....they act like they are above everything.... their Iphones are more important then actual relationships with real people.... and for the most part are critical of every institution in the country..... so how can we expect them to appreciate a hayabusa for what it is..... the best ever..... even without Bluetooth connectivity.... and for those of you that say rider aids are needed because of high HP levels.... I call BS on that... from time immemorial..... bikes have been DANGEROUS... its part of their charm and why we do it...

These bikes are bought by a lot of millennials with no realtime experience.... they couldn't ride a high hp bike correctly if it didn't have nanny aids , they are buying in on the bikes that are high powered and what used to be the preserve of the experienced pilot only , and the bike companies are setting up their product lines to cater for them , and reap in the dollars . Despite what we think about rider aids , they are here to stay , with more to come !!

These bikes are bought by a lot of millennials with no realtime experience.... they couldn't ride a high hp bike correctly if it didn't have nanny aids , they are buying in on the bikes that are high powered and what used to be the preserve of the experienced pilot only , and the bike companies are setting up their product lines to cater for them , and reap in the dollars . Despite what we think about rider aids , they are here to stay , with more to come !!
then we are headed in the wrong direction...… some things are worth preserving.... big bore bikes have always been relatively fast and dangerous.... my first bike was a 1982 Kawasaki 440 ltd.... I LEARNED TO RIDE on that bike..... I paid my dues and accumulated experience.... do the rules of motorcycling not apply to them>>???????? THATS THE ISSUE. a hayabusa either needs a LOOOONG learning curve, or a person starts out on something smaller.... point blank period.

here
1543703761606.png

Tell that to the bike companies selling bikes to young yuppies with no real experience mate , pretty sure they will listen .... hahahaha .
This is the new way of the world my friend , and I got off that buying the latest and supposedly greatest along time ago . I guess in a way I have done my own rider aids with my Busa , I lightened it out , I fitted better suspension , quickshifter and l got a better Busa for my personal needs . My next additional bike , is also going to be Gen 2 , so I am of no interest to the bike industry , as a new potential buyer !!

These millennials don't respect anything.... they don't wanna be part of history....they act like they are above everything.... their Iphones are more important then actual relationships with real people.... and for the most part are critical of every institution in the country..... so how can we expect them to appreciate a hayabusa for what it is..... the best ever..... even without Bluetooth connectivity.... and for those of you that say rider aids are needed because of high HP levels.... I call BS on that... from time immemorial..... bikes have been DANGEROUS... its part of their charm and why we do it...
Don’t you love talking poop about millennials. Just like me you prob are one.
I believe it’s more about how you were raised. My dad was a mechanic when I was growing up and we were always working on things in the garage. Prob did 100 caravan transmission rebuild in a few years. He let me drive his 67 Chevelle with a 454 with a 4 speed as a teenager. As a adult he has let me drive his drag car. I am lucky my dad is awesome.
So I have a love for HP.
Most grow up on video game and elteonics so that what they want is tech.

Tell that to the bike companies selling bikes to young yuppies with no real experience mate , pretty sure they will listen .... hahahaha .
This is the new way of the world my friend , and I got off that buying the latest and supposedly greatest along time ago . I guess in a way I have done my own rider aids with my Busa , I lightened it out , I fitted better suspension , quickshifter and l got a better Busa for my personal needs . My next additional bike , is also going to be Gen 2 , so I am of no interest to the bike industry , as a new potential buyer !!
Part they are not getting through to melinals is price can buy a cheep car for the price of a bike these days. Even a new dirt bike is almost 10g.

It was probably me that was being quoted... LOL.

Tech moves on, sometimes for performance, sometimes for safety, sometimes for fashion.

I’m on Old Skool forums where the Busa is ignored as being unnecessary, bland, over complicated and just another modern bike. It certainly isn’t to me!

Your always going to get a very biased view on an owners forum, but although the Busa is a great bike and more than enough for many folk, fashion sells and the Busa is getting left behind. It’s badly in need of a Gen-3 revamp.

It’s dated to the extent that it’s about to be failing some country’s emission and design rule specs and will be no longer sold.

The current Busa is not a bad bike. It’s high on my list of what I may be buying, they are great value, but apart from making horsepower and going fast in a straight line when you mod it, it’s being overtaken by a lot of other bikes in its ability and features that many buyers like.

Part they are not getting through to melinals is price can buy a cheep car for the price of a bike these days. Even a new dirt bike is almost 10g.

Wouldn't help for sure , but the younger are definitely moving away from what the older generation liked , that's the way it seems to be going , and probably always has been the way of progress of sorts .

Not dated, a Classic... I don't care who you are. Or what you ride. There's nobody that rides that doesn't recognize a Busa at a glance. And there's a reason for that.

100%.

The Busa is a landmark bike in motorcycling history.

Along with the likes of the original CB750, Z900, Fireblade, R1 etc it set the benchmark. Even more so with the Busa as in the drags, landspeed, dyno events etc it still rules, even with an evolution of a 20 year old design.

My point was it’s dated in the technology it uses, you many not personally want electronic cruise control, full colour dash, electronic controlled smart suspension, ABS that can tell corners from straights etc etc, but that’s the way the industry is going and the Busa hasn’t got it.

The Busa IS a great bike, that a LOT of folk love, but it’s still a dated design and I’m willing to put a bet that it will change it the same way.

Wouldn't help for sure , but the younger are definitely moving away from what the older generation liked , that's the way it seems to be going , and probably always has been the way of progress of sorts .
I brought my bike to Maronis cycle in newburgh, NY for a tire change...… and there were 2 techs in back..... I brought my bike in the work area.... by the time I left that shop.... there were 11 people with their phones out taking VIDEO of my busa.... exact words were.... "This is the baddest bike I have ever had in my shop" verbatim. a hayabusa. GEN 1

look at prostreet…. learn the lesson

I’ve had various Busa’s for 14 years, I have one in daily use and I’m putting another together. Being good in Prostreet might as well be being good in Super-Cross or The Paris Dakar Rally, its interesting but not what most owners do with their Sports Touring streetbike.

It’s not doing the Busa any favours when every topic about other bikes or technology ends up with “I can make it go faster in a straight line if I throw money at it” in a real world comparison. Perhaps that’s an American thing?

I brought my bike to Maronis cycle in newburgh, NY for a tire change...… and there were 2 techs in back..... I brought my bike in the work area.... by the time I left that shop.... there were 11 people with their phones out taking VIDEO of my busa.... exact words were.... "This is the baddest bike I have ever had in my shop" verbatim. a hayabusa.
Not to compare my bike to yours it’s not on the same planet. Have had my bike to a few shops in Iowa not many busas here I have never seen a turbo other than mine. Not one person impressed or make a comment. One customer at a local Suzuki shop that’s it. Then the occasional person that doesn’t have a clue what the bike is. But I expect a h2 would of got a dif reaction.

There maybe hope then , lets hope their are more millenials such as yourself and Mathew , leading the way and some influence on your peers , and not spending most time posting up on facebook !!
IM GENX... not a millennial.... I deal with lots of newjacks at work that are millennials..... and they know EVERYTHING until they DONT know everything... then I get the panicked breathless phone call or worse..... its getting old..... they have to LISTEN and learn like I did.

Back