‘they are becoming very dated as street bikes’ ?

Interestingly, I know the US will get a “19” model Hayabusa, but I haven’t seen one listed for the UK, EU or Australia.

I’m not sure how accurate this is....

“Officially, all motorcycles sold in Europe should have been meeting the latest rules since 1stJanuary 2017. These rules are often referred to as ‘Euro4’, although that emissions limit is actually just a portion of EU Regulation 168/2013, which also covers a range of other aspects of the design and construction of bikes. However, the end-of-series rules allow limited numbers of non-compliant machines to be sold for up to two years, if their makers apply for such an extension. That two year period of grace comes to an end on 31st December 2018”

They aren't becoming dated, they ARE dated. This is old technology, a 20 year bike run with only one major revision? That's practically the definition of dated. However, thanks to the nature of the platform and the huge aftermarket, they are a few clicks and coins away from being comparable to anything current, in any arena. I enjoy mine for what it is, and enjoy all yours for what they are. I've said it before, there is no better platform in all of motorcycling. It can be whatever you want it to be, and it'll kick everything else's ass while doing it.

My kids fall into this micro category, not Gen X and not Millenials, but Xennials

“Exactly when Generation X ends and the millennial generation begins depends on who you ask. Some propose creating a micro-generation for those born on the cusp of the two generations, between 1977 and 1985. Called "Xennials," they have both the cynicism of Gen Xers and the optimism of millennials.”

They aren't becoming dated, they ARE dated. This is old technology, a 20 year bike run with only one major revision? That's practically the definition of dated. However, thanks to the nature of the platform and the huge aftermarket, they are a few clicks and coins away from being comparable to anything current, in any arena. I enjoy mine for what it is, and enjoy all yours for what they are. I've said it before, there is no better platform in all of motorcycling. It can be whatever you want it to be, and it'll kick everything else's ass while doing it.
u just have to be careful with the words u choose.... because often times DATED means lagging behind.... and that's not the case.. unless u wanna ride a smartphone.

My kids fall into this micro category, not Gen X and not Millenials, but Xennials

“Exactly when Generation X ends and the millennial generation begins depends on who you ask. Some propose creating a micro-generation for those born on the cusp of the two generations, between 1977 and 1985. Called "Xennials," they have both the cynicism of Gen Xers and the optimism of millennials.”
Also.... a big part of worldview is where u grew up and how comfortable u were while being raised.... were u middle-class? did u grow up in the middle class part of town? From the ones that came from the bottom... we know who we are and wont let it go..... we tend to be vocal/confrontational and sarcastic... maybe u noticed this:crazy:

I am generation x @ 50 , you must be generation y Ali @ 35 . There is always going to be people interested in motorcycles and cars , but how many , and the numbers are in the future , and will be known then I suppose .

Last edited:
IM GENX... not a millennial.... I deal with lots of newjacks at work that are millennials..... and they know EVERYTHING until they DONT know everything... then I get the panicked breathless phone call or worse..... its getting old..... they have to LISTEN and learn like I did.
Your 38? Or can you just pick and choose like gender. Lol

Google doesn’t lie

4E18A1DC-FDC0-451B-AAAB-5E30D9429AB5.png

Back