~~  A favor ~~

(ToyKraz @ Feb. 20 2007,14:10) I have to admit that this saddens me. I know how I would feel to have to leave my 6yo boy and 3yo girl.  I have a hard enough time tearing myself away from them to come to work.  
sad.gif

Thank you to your family for the sacrifices they are forced to make. I wish them a safe and speedy return to the arms of their awaiting little girl.
Yeah, I too just can't imagine having to leave my two sons, and knowing that the hubby would be gone too
sad.gif
It's just tough for them, I know...always being reminded of what sacrifice really is...

Thanks Toyz...I appreciate the kind words...
smile.gif
I'm going to let things settle where they are and share this thread later so they can see they too are supported by so many
smile.gif

sad.gif

smile.gif

All my best to Jordan's parents.. and everyone else deployed.. my they be kept safe and return home soon~  
bowdown.gif

We've been dealing with the other side of the fence for four years now~ My son.. my only child... has just finished his second tour thru Iraq~ This will be his last as he's chosen not to re-enlist~ He was all about making a career of the Army, but this last tour of duty was just way too much~ He signed for three years and the Army got him for four... due to his Company being in the middle of his second deployment when his contractual time was up~ He spent last week in Kuwait and should be back in Germany by now~ After debriefing for something like 45 days, he should begin getting processed out and be home by April~ It has been a very long, stressful, and worried four years and I'm very glad it's coming to an end for him.. and my boy will be home safe once again~  
cool.gif

Again.. all my best to everyone on deployment and to the families that sit up awake with worry day and night until their safe return~

(GJoker @ Feb. 20 2007,14:21) All my best to Jordan's parents.. and everyone else deployed.. my they be kept safe and return home soon~  
bowdown.gif

We've been dealing with the other side of the fence for four years now~ My son.. my only child... has just finished his second tour thru Iraq~ This will be his last as he's chosen not to re-enlist~ He was all about making a career of the Army, but this last tour of duty was just way too much~ He signed for three years and the Army got him for four... due to his Company being in the middle of his second deployment when his contractual time was up~ He spent last week in Kuwait and should be back in Germany by now~ After debriefing for something like 45 days, he should begin getting processed out and be home by April~ It has been a very long, stressful, and worried four years and I'm very glad it's coming to an end for him.. and my boy will be home safe once again~  
cool.gif

Again.. all my best to everyone on deployment and to the families that sit up awake with worry day and night until their safe return~
I thought about you and Brenda when I was originally posting this thread...I know it's been tough, unbearable comes to mind more often than not...and to know so many families are going through the very same emotions day in and day out
sad.gif
sad.gif

But, I'm so glad to hear he's coming home! I'm sure he's seen his share at this point...it won't be long now
beerchug.gif

sad.gif

I cant say that I can relate growing up my home was broken more with everyone in it, than it would be if they all left.
guns.gif

ANYWHOO!!! I wish them the best and let me know if you need anything from my end.
beerchug.gif
She is in good hands with Michelle!!

I appreciate all of their sacrifices and I could never show enough appreciation for the work and sacrifice that these men and women put in.

Make sure they get a good intro thread with pics of that hardley.
super.gif

Jordan is one lucky little girl to have such great parents (Heroes in my book) that are willing to help keep our country safe at their own expense.

My best to her Parents. May they have a speedy deployment and return home safely!

God Bless Our Troops!

military married to military is hard.
I've know couples to be stateside in different locations. You don't always get what's best for you. The military will try, but it's not a gaurantee

In the air force we have an AF Form 357. Which delegates a guardian for short and long term care. Just in-case the need arises. Single parents also have to have this on file with the shirt.

so there is some preperation/thinking on your part. Who would you trust with your children for 4-6 months. Most of the time we know about deployments months in advance. Most of the time........

(BlondeOnaBusa @ Feb. 21 2007,09:41) Jordan is one lucky little girl to have such great parents (Heroes in my book) that are willing to help keep our country safe at their own expense.

My best to her Parents. May they have a speedy deployment and return home safely!

God Bless Our Troops!
Thanks for the kind words
smile.gif

Well on a good note. The British are pulling out. Maybe thats a sign of good things to come. Keep your fingers crossed

(rockadaous @ Feb. 21 2007,09:55) military married to military is hard.
I've know couples to be stateside in different locations.  You don't always get what's best for you.  The military will try, but it's not a gaurantee

In the air force we have an AF Form 357.  Which delegates a guardian for short and long term care.  Just in-case the need arises.  Single parents also have to have this on file with the shirt.

so there is some preperation/thinking on your part.   Who would you trust with your children for 4-6 months.  Most of the time we know about deployments months in advance.  Most of the time........
They were given plenty of time to designate a guardian for Jordan. I knew months ago that she was coming to stay with her Grandmother (my Aunt)...fortunately for everyone involved, we live in the same neighborhood so she's surrounded by kids her age. She is far from home though; she was residing in Texas two weeks ago...she misses Texas already and talks about home often...

We did have Jordan over again last night to play for a while. She didn't want to leave. My kids have really taken her in and they all play well together...it's good having her around
smile.gif

(rockadaous @ Feb. 21 2007,10:02) Well on a good note.  The British are pulling out.  Maybe thats a sign of good things to come.  Keep your fingers crossed
Yeah, I saw that this morning on the news...

Thoughts and prayers out to the Family.
Its hard when you are both in and have positions that require you to deploy on a moments notice. I am glad to hear the the Parents are in the same area (can hopefully see each other once in awhile) and Jordan is with a good Family.

When Cathe and I were in we worked jobs that required us to deploy periodically. When it was just us there was no real issue.... she would go somewhere for a few months and/or I would go somewhere else. The first 5 years of our marriage we may have spent 5-6 months a year together. The rest one of us was deployed somewhere.

When our Daughter was born in '90 I was on "6 ring" standby... pretty much you better answer the phone in 6 rings or else. They had the hospital number and room number. Days after Samantha was born I was gone for a little while. After the maternity leave was up Cathe had to get ready for deployment. Made arrangements with my Mother that if necessary she would fly up from New Mexico to North Dakota to take Samantha back home with her. Our neighbor had volunteered to care for Samantha while my Mother flew up. Had it all arranged.

By '91 we had had enough and neither of us reenlisted... 10 years in the Air Force.

Serving in the Military is an honor I will never forget and for those that serve today or have served "THANK YOU" the sacrafices you made/make ensure this Country remains free and Her citizens have the rights to do what they do. (even if you don't agree and on some I really don't agree).

Michelle, you and your Family are good people. Knowing Jordan is with you and safe will make it easier for her Parents to concentrate on what they need to do to come home. Thank you.

(MrGxr @ Feb. 21 2007,10:27) Thoughts and prayers out to the Family.
Its hard when you are both in and have positions that require you to deploy on a moments notice. I am glad to hear the the Parents are in the same area (can hopefully see each other once in awhile) and Jordan is with a good Family.

When Cathe and I were in we worked jobs that required us to deploy periodically. When it was just us there was no real issue.... she would go somewhere for a few months and/or I would go somewhere else. The first 5 years of our marriage we may have spent 5-6 months a year together. The rest one of us was deployed somewhere.

When our Daughter was born in '90 I was on "6 ring" standby... pretty much you better answer the phone in 6 rings or else. They had the hospital number and room number. Days after Samantha was born I was gone for a little while. After the maternity leave was up Cathe had to get ready for deployment. Made arrangements with my Mother that if necessary she would fly up from New Mexico to North Dakota to take Samantha back home with her. Our neighbor had volunteered to care for Samantha while my Mother flew up. Had it all arranged.

By '91 we had had enough and neither of us reenlisted... 10 years in the Air Force.

Serving in the Military is an honor I will never forget and for those that serve today or have served "THANK YOU" the sacrafices you made/make ensure this Country remains free and Her citizens have the rights to do what they do. (even if you don't agree and on some I really don't agree).

Michelle, you and your Family are good people. Knowing Jordan is with you and safe will make it easier for her Parents to concentrate on what they need to do to come home. Thank you.
Thanks for sharing that George, and the kind words...Jordan's parents will really appreciate it, as do I
smile.gif

Thanks for the sacrifices both you and Cathe made as well...we don't say thanks enough; can't say it enough...

My thought go out to your family. If their daughter needs anything, I personally want to know and help any way that I can.

Back