~~  A favor ~~

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
My cousin and his wife are now deployed.  She left mid December and he called my house this past Saturday night to say goodbye to his little 4 year old daughter, Jordan, before he boarded the plane...both Jordan's parents are deployed to the same area; both slated to be gone for at least a year...Jordan will likely begin her first year of school while they're away.

We're very fortunate to have Jordan in our little neighborhood and I love her so much; she's just the most adorable little girl, very loving and always giving the best hugs, and probably a bit confused right now because Mom and Dad are gone.  My boys have gladly accepted their new friend, and we have such a great little neighborhood with so many kids, I think this summer will be a fun one for Jordan given the circumstances.

I'll be uploading pictures of Jordan for Mom and Dad to see (in my sig link) and I'm also going to share this site with them as a way to see that we have so many military supporters here, so many that are also deployed...I can't imagine having to leave my kids.  So many here have done it, will do it again and again and it gives those of us that aren't in the military a glimpse in to the lives you lead to protect the rest.  Such sacrifices pale in comparison to many day-to-day woes; PERSPECTIVE...

Hes a Harley rider, but don't hold that against him LOL  
tounge.gif
  She loves my Busa, so perhaps one day I'll persuade her to come to the dark side  
smile.gif

Just some well-wishes for a married couple serving our country and having to leave behind their daughter whom they adore and miss greatly.  I'm hoping the next year goes by quickly for them both.

You're both greatly missed and we'll all do our best to keep little Jordan safe and happy.

Thank you for all you do!!!

Well, here's to hopes for a safe and uneventful deployment. It is unfortunate that family care plans actually have to be enacted, but it sounds like Jordan will atleast be surrounded by friendly faces. I don't know about other people, but the hardest aspect of deploying for me has been my children. When it was just my wife and I deployments were difficult, but not hard - but with kids - well, I missed my oldest son's first birthday, 1st words and 1st steps in 2003 while I was in Kuwait. That was by far, the hardest deployment I had been on.

I hope that Jordan has all that she needs; if not, please let us know!

Hoping for a speedy deployment and safe return for Jordans parents, like MC said at least Jordan is with familiar faces

VaBusa, let us know if you/Jordan have any needs. And yes; thanks to all that serve.
super.gif

(onerabidshark @ Feb. 20 2007,11:17) Hoping for a speedy deployment and safe return for Jordans parents,  like MC said at least Jordan is with familiar faces
My sentiments, too.

And in my opinion, it seems that the military should not be permitted to deploy both parents at the same time.

Thanks guys...Jordan will be just fine I think...I'm more worried about her Mom and Dad; I know it's got to be so hard...

MC, so sorry you missed out on those things
sad.gif
I can't imagine...

That's why I'm going to try to send her parents all I can so they don't feel like they miss out on Jordan's next year, but there really is no substitute for being with her
sad.gif

sad.gif

I thought the military usually worked issues like this to try and ensure both parents would not be deployed at the same time.

The military doesnt HAVE to. but when I was in. dealing with the Marines and the Navy, both branches back then (from my experiance) would try to ensure that of members were married and had children they would not be deployed at the same time.. that brings a whole new level to the phrase "that sucks"

(thrasherfox @ Feb. 20 2007,11:32) I thought the military usually worked issues like this to try and ensure both parents would not be deployed at the same time.

The military doesnt HAVE to. but when I was in. dealing with the Marines and the Navy, both branches back then (from my experiance) would try to ensure that of members were married and had children they would not be deployed at the same time.. that brings a whole new level to the phrase "that sucks"
Yeah, you'd think...without going on a rampage, let's just say the family's pretty upset about the whole thing, Jordan's parents did all they could to get Dad to stay behind until Mom got back, but it didn't work out...they kind of backed him in a corner I think, said that there are plenty of single parents that serve and leave kids behind, which is true...

It's a tough situation, but one I'm sure many American families are facing...
sad.gif

Wow, that kinda changes my plans of wanting to serve...
I never thought of that stuff, If I had kids, would I see them grow up?

THat does suck, I'm praying the parents get back ASAP.

sounds like jordan is in good hands. Also deployed several times. Hardest part is the babies. I used to read a book on video for em and send it home. Even that was hard to do, but at least they knew I was thinking about them. Mom & dad stay safe and if you need anything hit us up.

Now about that harley........ j/k

Best wishes for them both!! And I hope thier daughter is able to understand what they are doing for ALL of us!!

(yamahor @ Feb. 20 2007,12:44) Wow, that kinda changes my plans of wanting to serve...
I never thought of that stuff, If I had kids, would I see them grow up?

THat does suck, I'm praying the parents get back ASAP.
It's a sacrifice for certain...had parents in the Air Force; my Dad was in Vietnam on the day I was born...luckily, it was HIS birthday too, so I guess there was a bit of happiness there
smile.gif

My brother-in-law was career military and just retired last year; he missed SO much with his son and I know it tore him up...his son is now 16 and I am sure they're both doing the most to make up for all the lost time...

Thanks Ben...

(rockadaous @ Feb. 20 2007,12:51) sounds like jordan is in good hands.  Also deployed several times.  Hardest part is the babies.  I used to read a book on video for em and send it home.  Even that was hard to do, but at least they knew I was thinking about them.  Mom & dad stay safe and if you need anything hit us up.  

Now about that harley........  j/k
Yeah, that had to be tough times rock...here I am trying to catch every single moment in pictures with my 2 boys and I'm here to enjoy those times...I'm not on the other side of the globe...

*sigh* Sounds like families in these situations make the best of what they can...
sad.gif

(GSXRFANN @ Feb. 20 2007,13:08) Best wishes for them both!! And I hope thier daughter is able to understand what they are doing for ALL of us!!
She will, in time...it was heartbreaking to hear her talking to her Dad Saturday night when he called. I only talked to him for a couple of minutes; he was pretty torn up
sad.gif
But, Jordan was kind of asking about "the war" and trying to understand what he was doing and why, and crying about her shoes being too small
laugh.gif

...as much as a 4 year old can comprehend...it was tough to listen to
sad.gif

sad.gif

Very very unusual for both to be deployed at the same time. Someones Commander Plani ole' Sucks. no way around it. Not to mention someone's Co-Workers are kinda crappy as well.

It may be to her advantage that she doesn't know EXACTLY what her parents are doing. I don't know, but that is something that when she DOES figure out, she will be so proud! And I don't blame her!! As I would be too! Our military folks are the best!!!!!! And without them, our country would not be worth a crap!

A BIG THANK YOU, GUYS AND GALS!!!
super.gif

(Revlis @ Feb. 20 2007,13:24) Very very unusual for both to be deployed at the same time.  Someones Commander Plani ole' Sucks.  no way around it.  Not to mention someone's Co-Workers are kinda crappy as well.
That's kind of how we all feel, seeing this first hand in our own family, but I've been talking to others around me and it seems there are a few kids in the area that have both parents deployed at this time...
sad.gif

I don't get it, and I don't get sending 'em both to the same exact region either...at least balance things a bit by sending one in one direction and the other in the opposite...
sad.gif

sad.gif

Life just doesn't make sense sometimes. I'm sure Jordan is in good hands... as long as she is far enough away from the VaBusa compound. So, will she be attending tha bash?
SHOCKED.gif

On the serious side. Godspeed to her parents and prayers for a speedy and safe return. She should be proud of her Mom and Dad. We are.
bowdown.gif

(PDBusa @ Feb. 20 2007,13:48) Life just doesn't make sense sometimes. I'm sure Jordan is in good hands... as long as she is far enough away from the VaBusa compound. So, will she be attending tha bash?  
SHOCKED.gif

On the serious side. Godspeed to her parents and prayers for a speedy and safe return. She should be proud of her Mom and Dad. We are.  
bowdown.gif
Are you kidding?! My yard is a kid's paradise!!! We've got the dirt bikes, go carts, race tracks through the woods and that awesome play set with electricity! This summer the WTP (white trash pool) goes up! We'll even offer pony rides on Scooby if he'll have 'em! LOL

Thanks Charlie
smile.gif

I have to admit that this saddens me. I know how I would feel to have to leave my 6yo boy and 3yo girl. I have a hard enough time tearing myself away from them to come to work.
sad.gif

Thank you to your family for the sacrifices they are forced to make. I wish them a safe and speedy return to the arms of their awaiting little girl.

Back