Supercharged 2008 Busa Dragbike

Supercharged 2008 Hayabusa

General Information

Bought this bike as stock street bike 2019.
Raced it two years with stock engine, with clutch, fairings, ECU and swingarm mods, @ 9.5 second index class.
Upgraded to supercharger , stiffer valve springs, thick base gasket to decrease comp ratio a bit . Adjustable cam sprockets, better conrods , billet shifter forks and hd fork axles...
Qualified 1st last race 2023 season @8.500 class, 8.505 /154mph

Best pass so far (2023) 8.278 / 173mph

I make videos with gauges from FuelTech telemetry. Take a look !

• _I6A3861.jpg
    _I6A3861.jpg
    642.4 KB · Views: 13,632
  • IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0496 1.JPG
    IMG_0496 1.JPG
    406.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    422.4 KB · Views: 49
  • _I6A3861.jpg
    _I6A3861.jpg
    698.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 58

Comments

Happy to see a supercharged Hayabusa racing. :)

And congrats for your results!

You have a big supercharger, what is it stopping you go in the low 7s or high 6s?

I know that you are not using its full potential.

Which is the roadmap for your next upgrades? I read on your Facebook page that you plan to modify the frame so you can tuck in better.

But what else?

Are you using an intercooler? What kind - air to air or air to water?

You are doing you own work on the motorcycle?

Happy to see a supercharged Hayabusa racing. :)

And congrats for your results!

You have a big supercharger, what is it stopping you go in the low 7s or high 6s?

I know that you are not using its full potential.

Which is the roadmap for your next upgrades? I read on your Facebook page that you plan to modify the frame so you can tuck in better.

But what else?

Are you using an intercooler? What kind - air to air or air to water?

You are doing you own work on the motorcycle?
Thanks,

Yes, I bought the bigger option for a SC , to have a room to grow as racer , to learn to setup clutch , height control and the full experience...

What's holding me back, mainly doing this out of my own back pocket , engine mods cost a serious amount of money.

Next year , beside WDistribution change. Making sure we have the fuel engine needs. 280cc stock injectors were too small, secondary 880cc injectors got some flow errors... All new fuel system, from pump . Last summer 1150cc/cyl to 1860cc, don't like over 80%duty on injectors, 92% was 'best' I found from data...

No intercooler, do I need one , maybe...
at a race mid summer 2022:
air temp 30c and over, (86f +)

intake at plenum:
@lineup 36c 97f
@burnout 53c 127f
@2-step 46c 115f
@finish line peak temp 78c 172f

Can I fit one in there ? What is the actual benefit with all the hassle....
I'm not making room to IC unless I have to...

Mainly doing everything myself.
SC setup was bolt on, charger did fit like a glove , pressure pipes and a couple of other things I made. Exhaust parts I bought from car tuning company , sawed them to ring sized pieces, tack welded those together . A friend of mine welded the ex. pipe to one piece.
Mainly done electric installation myself, a friend of mine has wheelbarrow full of crimping tools, he made most of cable ends :D

Maybe changing to 7.500 class in future, I'm not sure my stock pistons and (chinese) MaxSpeeding conrods agree :crazy:

Thanks,

Yes, I bought the bigger option for a SC , to have a room to grow as racer , to learn to setup clutch , height control and the full experience...

What's holding me back, mainly doing this out of my own back pocket , engine mods cost a serious amount of money.

Next year , beside WDistribution change. Making sure we have the fuel engine needs. 280cc stock injectors were too small, secondary 880cc injectors got some flow errors... All new fuel system, from pump . Last summer 1150cc/cyl to 1860cc, don't like over 80%duty on injectors, 92% was 'best' I found from data...

No intercooler, do I need one , maybe...
at a race mid summer 2022:
air temp 30c and over, (86f +)

intake at plenum:
@lineup 36c 97f
@burnout 53c 127f
@2-step 46c 115f
@finish line peak temp 78c 172f

Can I fit one in there ? What is the actual benefit with all the hassle....
I'm not making room to IC unless I have to...

Mainly doing everything myself.
SC setup was bolt on, charger did fit like a glove , pressure pipes and a couple of other things I made. Exhaust parts I bought from car tuning company , sawed them to ring sized pieces, tack welded those together . A friend of mine welded the ex. pipe to one piece.
Mainly done electric installation myself, a friend of mine has wheelbarrow full of crimping tools, he made most of cable ends :D

Maybe changing to 7.500 class in future, I'm not sure my stock pistons and (chinese) MaxSpeeding conrods agree :crazy:
Happy to watch you!

Item information

Added by
Plan9
Views
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Dragbikes

Share this item

Back