How many of you have taken your Hayabusa to Bonneville?

Latest reviews

Pros: Black on black on black. Beautiful!
Cons: ZERO
Outstanding looking machine.
Reactions: Grkgrrl
Grkgrrl
Grkgrrl
Thank you!! Always puts a big ol smile on me face!!
Pros: “Murdered Out” look. Super clean for a ‘99. Sweet Gen 1 brother!!
As always, ride safe:)
Pros: Polished, personal touches and powerful.
Neat and clean. Personal touches are precise and functional. Well done.

Comments

More great info thank you!
I found some stock wheels and they are being picked up and shipped as we speak and YES 200 plus is what I have in my sights.

BTW I am now taking applications for my volunteer Pit Crew! I cannot pay but a Fun Time is Guaranteed or all participants!

If I was closer I'de love to watch the runs, and would be happy to do any needed wrenching for you.
I bet there are some members here who can and will. Post your dates, plans, and any needs, and you'll get some help from the people here.
Stick around and you'll find that this place is like nowhere else.
For me, I've been 197mph, on a gen2, stock gearing, full Akropovic, ecu flash. I then added dirtbike bars, and never swapped them back or added taller gearing to try for 202-203mph.
I did that in a couple miles, the standing mile is the only thing aside from weather/conditions that really make 200 hard, assuming you have the gearing and hp.
You're going to need that airbox mod, and another tune to go along with the 38t rear, or stock 40 with 55 series tire.
Even being lightweight, and able to tuck in well, I think hp is going to be your biggest challenge for 200mph. The gen2 has 20hp on the gen1, stock vs stock.
But, we love bikes, speed, and anything that helps achieve your riding goals here.
So fire away with anything you need, and collectively, we'll all get you in the right direction.

If I was closer I'de love to watch the runs, and would be happy to do any needed wrenching for you.
I bet there are some members here who can and will. Post your dates, plans, and any needs, and you'll get some help from the people here.
Stick around and you'll find that this place is like nowhere else.
For me, I've been 197mph, on a gen2, stock gearing, full Akropovic, ecu flash. I then added dirtbike bars, and never swapped them back or added taller gearing to try for 202-203mph.
I did that in a couple miles, the standing mile is the only thing aside from weather/conditions that really make 200 hard, assuming you have the gearing and hp.
You're going to need that airbox mod, and another tune to go along with the 38t rear, or stock 40 with 55 series tire.
Even being lightweight, and able to tuck in well, I think hp is going to be your biggest challenge for 200mph. The gen2 has 20hp on the gen1, stock vs stock.
But, we love bikes, speed, and anything that helps achieve your riding goals here.
So fire away with anything you need, and collectively, we'll all get you in the right direction.

Where’d you get that rear rack?

Rear Rack is off the shelf from Ventura. I sent it to RaceReady.org in FL to paint it to match the 08 blue.

I live in Salt Lake City, so I've run at a couple of events there on a CBR1100xx and an FZ1.
Couple of questions for you:

Were you just going to cruise out on the salt and let it rip? You can, but i wouldn't recommend it. When they have an organized event, they have carefully prepared courses and areas where they do the speed trials...along with an ambulance, etc. Also, if you ride in the wrong area at the wrong time you may very well get stuck. I would plan on participating in one of the sanctioned events that are run out there. If you're planning on coming out to an organized event then which one? The best advice regarding those is to TRIPLE check the tech requirements to make sure you're good to go.
Also, how were you planning on measuring your speed (If not running in a sanctioned event)? The faster you go the less accurate your speedometer gets. (I think) There are gps apps that you can use on your phone for speed, but obviously the most accurate (and most verifiable) is a time slip from an actual event.

I live in Salt Lake City, so I've run at a couple of events there on a CBR1100xx and an FZ1.
Couple of questions for you:

Were you just going to cruise out on the salt and let it rip? You can, but i wouldn't recommend it. When they have an organized event, they have carefully prepared courses and areas where they do the speed trials...along with an ambulance, etc. Also, if you ride in the wrong area at the wrong time you may very well get stuck. I would plan on participating in one of the sanctioned events that are run out there. If you're planning on coming out to an organized event then which one? The best advice regarding those is to TRIPLE check the tech requirements to make sure you're good to go.
Also, how were you planning on measuring your speed (If not running in a sanctioned event)? The faster you go the less accurate your speedometer gets. (I think) There are gps apps that you can use on your phone for speed, but obviously the most accurate (and most verifiable) is a time slip from an actual event.
Thank you for all that, yes indeed I am planning on teaming up with some Bonneville veterans and being part of a planned thing no doubt. The plan is to nail down the plan details end of this year or by early 2020. I have 2 folks so far who are volunteering as part of my crew and one of them has earned the red hat.

To get to 200 you are going to need some more mods and at least 190+rwhp. Also Bonneville is high elevation and not smooth asphalt. If you want to do some speed runs try Denver mile or Texas mile. I had a 1398 bore with cams and small 30 shot of NOS 18/38 geared, bike did 216.

Item information

Added by
Grkgrrl
Views
Watchers
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More in Gen 1 1999 - 2007

Share this item