Hayabusa Owners Group

BusBus
BusBus
Thanks feket663. Wheels are the next thing on my list. Just have not got around to it yet.
feket663
feket663
The original II. gen wheel's weight 7,25+5 kg, PVM forged aluminum wheel's weight approxx 5+3,3 kg. I have too forged alus PVM 5Y on my I. gen busa, the handling difference is dramatic.
Reactions: BusBus
BusBus
BusBus
I am certain that lighter wheels works wonders and I will get around to it. The PVM 5Y is one of the wheels I am considering. My bike is a far from finished work in progress and these pics are in a early a bit rough stage before I put lights on it and took it to the streets.
Another thing that made a huge difference for me in handling besides weight, was raising the bike 5 mm. in front and 15 mm. rear with shorter dog bones + changing the 50 profile rear tire to a 55 profile which give a better balance.
Grinding the compression valves in my suspension so they close better to the stack and stack the front lighter + drilling the 1,1 mm. oil holes up to 2,5 mm. for better flow made the suspension work properly (I put a picture in the lightening thread here). Suddenly I could adjust between comfort and feel sensing every click in my suspension. You can also buy other valves that do the same, but I just fixed the stock ones.
feket663
feket663
Here is my bike. Not original, but far from your bike's level:
19756391_1445009825564815_2394824997267396663_n.jpg
BusBus
BusBus
Nice. Is it a Yamaha fork or am I confusing the brakes with something else?
feket663
feket663
The fork is K6 GSX-R1000, the brake is monoblock Sumitumo from Yamaha R1 2006, The disc is Braking (something special model, I don't remember the item's number, but not the "tipical" STX20D)
feket663
Back