Its been 5 weeks!

MoNoXiDe

Registered
I took my busa to a shop in Knoxville and I haven't seen it since. I took it to have the LED's checked out because they stopped working for some reason. Also to add the multicolor halo's put in. Its been excuse after excuse of why its taking them so long. If the bike wasn't apart I'd just tell them forget it and I'll find someone else to do it. Plus they put the LED's in and have the warranty.

I have braided lines, brake pads, frame plugs and the trunk mod yet to do!

Thanks for listening to me rant, Im done now. :banghead:

Seriously, you need to do the brake lines and pads yourself......

Pretty easy, and plenty of people here to walk you through it.

You will save a bunch of money, and be proud that you did it yourself!:thumbsup:

The halo is a lot easier than you think it is too. But I guess it too late to help now. Don't feel bad though. I took my gen II to the stealership to do my front and rear springs and the were going to charge me a total more than $800 for it. Mind you. I bought my own springs. This was all labor except for fork seals.

Glad some are smart enough and realize mechanics aren't one of there strong points and tools are weapons.
Brakes are not something one should test there mechanicsl abilities with.
Yes brake work is simple to most that have mechanicsl skills but it can be challenging to others.
A member here installed the pads backwards meaning friction side of the pad in towards the caliper piston and wondered why his stopping power was worse after installing the new pads.

I did the halos with a friend. The kit I ordered started havin lights go out. Since I had this shop do the multicolor LEDs and they messed up, is the only reason I had him do it. I was goin to try to do the brakes myself with my buddy watching who is a mechanic. I just need my bike back. Now he is saying next Monday or Tuesday. Which will be 6 total weeks.

I would make a surprise visit to make sure they aren't covering up a mishap on your bike.

Go get it, Get a few friends near you and do all the work yourself. You will be better off in the end. If something goes wrong at the dealer you can bet they will not take the blame for it. You could do everything in one day with some help. Wish I was closer I would be glad to lend a hand :thumbsup:

Got a call and a pic of a broken led. He said this is the 2nd one. He said he is ordering another one from a different company and its going to cost 90.00 more "at no cost to me" and soon as its in, it will go right on the bike. So we'll see.

Homie, seriously? I'd be pissed off. THIS is why I do my own MX. Sorry man, Its not too much to do it myself, know what I mean? MCL

I think I seen your bike going down the interstate with some dealer mechanic riding it :dunno: Did you check the mileage before you dropped it off:rofl:

One of the guys from the MC was over at the shop and saw my bike. It was all taken apart. So I doubt its out and about :laugh:

Back