In the Dog House

rockadaous

mod-a-holic
Donating Member
Registered
so I can't ride. Parking light mod sounds good. I have my oem tail light, so all I need is time. Pretty easy once I started. I'm still debate'n the switch backs. $25 for a light is kinda pricey, but we'll see. I went with the low light look. whatcha think?

I may just throw some amber bulbs in there for now.

running_lights_001.jpg

Did you just use the rear sockets like I did?

I think they should have came stock this way..

Looks Killer..
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

use your rear tail light 1157 sockets (bulbs too)

you should have 3 wires on the 1157 socket.

the stock front turn signals carry 2 wires.  

remove inner panels and light sockets.  Splice into the brown wire behind the right turn signal.  your 1157 should have a brown wire also.  that's gonna give you your park lights.  the existing wires will hook up in the same positions.  done...  put everything back together and enjoy.  all in all it shouldn't take more than an hour.

I'm gonna see how amber bulbs look.  Pics will follow

i don't get it, you get extra tail light sockets and bulbs? lol i REALLY wanna do this but am SH*T for brains sometimes when it comes to electronics stuff

(redkat05 @ Jan. 13 2007,08:13) i don't get it, you get extra tail light sockets and bulbs? lol i REALLY wanna do this but am SH*T for brains sometimes when it comes to electronics stuff
+1...me too.

Give up the details, peeeease!

Now that's a great idea! Very simple as well (the KISS principle always works best).

I'm glad I saved my rear signals.

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 13 2007,08:16)
(redkat05 @ Jan. 13 2007,08:13) i don't get it, you get extra tail light sockets and bulbs? lol i REALLY wanna do this but am SH*T for brains sometimes when it comes to electronics stuff
+1...me too.

Give up the details, peeeease!
Its waaaaayyyy over your head
zzwhip.gif

if you've removed your stock tail light with 1157 sockets you can do this. If you want to order the sockets from the dealer it'll run you $50. I checked yesterday for 01panther. just splice the wires in. find the brown wire and splice into it. that easy....

ya just cut the stock front signal sockets out or just zip tie em outta the way and put in the signal sockets from the rear

(redkat05 @ Jan. 13 2007,19:41) ya just cut the stock front signal sockets out or just zip tie em outta the way and put in the signal sockets from the rear
It's your tail/brake light sockets. not your rear turn signals. cut em and splice....

Back