Need a quality swingarm extention builder

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I need some help guys. I need to find a vendor that makes quality chromeplated swingarm extentions.

I've had it with All-Things-Chrome. For a show bike that never gets ridden their extentions would be all right, but to actually use them they suck. First of all they do NO R&R in design of their parts. I mean, if you make a 4-10" extention shouldn't it work at all the lengths? No! They don't even make a brake bar long enough because then they would have to use a bigger box through UPS and that would make it oversize shipping(True quote). So, after fighting with the brakebar i ask to have them ship me a brake bar eliminator. This piece eliminates the bar completely and wedges itself under the swingarm to prevent the caliper from rotating. So i bolt it on, it has atleast an 1/8th inch gap from the swingarm bottom?  Quality control? Nope.

Then it comes to the adjustment sliders, while they fit into the extentions and move freely, the machined areas to countersink the axle head and the nut are machined too deep. Therefore you can tighten the axle all the way down and there is still gaps between the wheelspacers and swingarm. Everything is installed right so that's not a problem. This going on a month and a half now, i want to ride my extended busa. Maybe i should just spring for an extended swingarm.

Humm, I had those problems also. I purchased mine from that guy and he sent them out. Only problem is the damn brake bar is not long enough to go 10 inches! I had to have a buddy of mine make me a little extension! I feel your pain!

bowdown.gif
http://myrtlewestcycle.com/ these guys do kick ass work and it's at a good price!

Cody

what a bunch of shid! They always add money for shipping and handling. If you pay for shipping then they shouldn't complain.

rock.gif

Maybe i should just spring for an extended swingarm. [/Quote]
Talk to Canadien Mike at sh.org.
He does really nice stuff great guy too.

C.M's stuff

I have a dealer account through roaringtoyz.com if you see something you like there. Let me know. I know they make some quality pieces.

If you want good extensions just yell at me and we can have you a set chromed...Junk in equals junk out remember that...

These are my 0-6 Weld ins being tested fitted before welding. The line where the 5 dots are is how far the tang slides into the swingarm. No other Weld in extension goes in that far.

Swingarm30.jpg

Swingarm32.jpg

Swingarm35.jpg

"zook" over on psycobike builds some very nice chromoly arms,he's had some holding up to some BIG hp,you could get one from him and have it chromed.
beerchug.gif

Back