race gloves

jch364

Registered
ok. here is a question. At the beginning of the year I bought a pair of joe rocket gpx 2.0 gloves. Bought them on line. The first pair had a hole in the palm. So i got the the second pair to replace the first. Now I have noticed that the palm area is rubbing through. The secondary leather strip on the palm area is coming off and I discovered another hole under the secondary padding. I have only had these gloves for one season. This sounds to me like the quality is not up to par. Ive put a little over 10k miles so far this year on my busa. But I dont think the gloves should have worn out so quickly.
O.k. now for the question. what is the opinion for the best quality race glove to have. Im not really concerned about the price. You cant put a price on your safety after all. Thanks in advance. Sorry it was kinda drawn out.....

06 red/blk
w/chrome grill screens....
genmar risers

Try these...Alpinestar GP Pros
wink.gif

gloves_gp_pro.jpg

I went with AGV again from dennis kirk. the last pair was from 1998 only reason to get new ones was color and the old ones were getting a little loose. GPR was the model and they feel and have great quality.
glockologist

I have had the A*'s SP-S for about 17,000 miles now, they still look new. The are very comfy for the street, they are shorties. Not to warm and look good. I love mine and will get anothe pair if these ever wear out! Oh, and only cost about $60
super.gif

9015463astarsspsglv.jpg

I'm surprised no one mentioned BUELL gloves.... oh, MJN hasn't chimed in yet!  
poke.gif

jump9.gif

I remember, I think, PacificBusa asking the same question within the last 6-8 months, and the issue was protection, then comfort. Was a really good, informative thread. This one's on its way.

I remember, I think, PacificBusa asking the same question within the last 6-8 months, and the issue was protection, then comfort. Was a really good, informative thread. This one's on its way.
[/Quote]
Man,you got 1 good memory....

(05 Busa LE @ Dec. 21 2006,11:30) I remember, I think, PacificBusa asking the same question within the last 6-8 months, and the issue was protection, then comfort. Was a really good, informative thread. This one's on its way.
This is the thread on "Gloves"  

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 21 2006,15:15)
(05 Busa LE @ Dec. 21 2006,11:30) I remember, I think, PacificBusa asking the same question within the last 6-8 months, and the issue was protection, then comfort. Was a really good, informative thread. This one's on its way.
THE definitive post on the subject...

I have found Joe Rocket Leather leaves something to be desired. I would go with the Alpinestars or another TOP quality maker. My Alpinestars are both 10 and 3 years old and the  only reason I changed was because the 10 yr old ones were looking a little
wink.gif
worn and I needed new ones to match my leathers and bike
tounge.gif

Well I appreciate all the suggestions. I will look into them. Gonna get a new pair before summer comes for sure. I need a new pair along with some SIDI boots. Especially if I go back down to the gap again this year..! Oh wait. Silly me I said if....right....I mean when!

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 21 2006,13:15)
Check the link to the GLOVE thread
wink.gif

Back