I wanna Jam

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I love to listen to my music while riding, but I'm getting sick of the earbuds falling out or getting uncomfortable. I wouldnt mind putting some speakers in my helmet, but I love the bass to hit and and mids to sound through lound and clear. What are you guys using that isnt going to break the bank, and that I can hear on the highway? Please post some pics of your systems. Thanks

super.gif
egitarre77.gif

I'm good with the music source. I need to learn about speaker systems.

I was going to install Bose Q-2 in my helmet but to big.
sad.gif

Would love to do the same as you but not many options.

runeight...

Ipod Mini with Sony ear buds... they seem to fit the tightest in my ear so they don't move while putting my helmet on, I want the correct fitting helmet so I have no extra room. and I ride with a Shoei Picotte 3 TC-5

rf1000_picotte3_tc5.jpg

I use an ipod nano with Panasonic buds (the kind that hooks around your ear). I use the sport case and strap the nano to my arm. Easy to adjust that way. Nothing like pounding "Stones" or "Creed" to get the 'busa roaring!!!!

So you wanna feel some base and hear some hi's,eh ? Well my friend, Pimpn aint Eazy and will cost you some cheddar l8tr on down the line to do it right.

Heres a 6" hump sub I built for a member here, while mine is a 8".  I dont have a  problem with hearing or feeling the music through my helmet up to 70 mph.

Before

DSC02612.jpg

After
DSC02679.jpg

And my complete Busa sound system.

Slide1.jpg

654.jpg

Close up of the side front 5.25" mid speaker.
DSC02183.jpg

Close up of the front 2" tweeters.

DSC02189.jpg

Not cheap but it getz the job done.
tounge.gif

Seriously, to prevent your earbuds or whatever headset you use from falling out and to help lessen the ambient noise while riding try putting on a helmet liner .

Click me !

(Rhythm @ Nov. 25 2006,09:41) Seriously, to prevent your earbuds or whatever headset you use from falling out and to help lessen the ambient noise while riding try putting on a helmet liner .

Click me !
I was wondering about music on the bike too. That helmet liner is a great idea. I use the ear canal type of headphones and it take me about 5 times of putting on and taking off my helmet before they dont fall out and i can hear the music. Having a helmet liner is a good idea. I'll try that.
super.gif

I have used the chatter box with their helmet speakers...and love it....

Not sure what I am gonna go with next....

I installed some Sony headsets in my helmets... they mount real nice in the ear section of the helmet... can hear the music and bike up to around 90mph and then air noise and bike noise sorta over power the music. can still hear but not has clear.
The helmet liner... Silk... I have been wearing one for some time now. Helmet slips on and off without ears catching and then having to adjust them.. LOL

(Sir T Rex @ Nov. 26 2006,10:36) I have used the chatter box with their helmet speakers...and love it....

Not sure what I am gonna go with next....
I use the same, MP3 player pluged into it and can talk to my friends while on the road too!

These are awesome- -30db noise suppression, and CRYSTAL clear highs, mids and bass you can feel. Should come with warning sticker- "DO NOT crank, head WILL implode."
SHOCKED.gif

Shure.jpg

i use the sony ear buds that run about $40 w/ my myfi xm portable. you can grab them at a best buy or circuit city. the sound quality is worth it and it does filter out the air flow noise from your lid. i would grab a skull cap to hold them in place.

under_armor.jpg

(Rhythm @ Nov. 25 2006,09:32) So you wanna feel some base and hear some hi's,eh ? Well my friend, Pimpn aint Eazy and will cost you some cheddar l8tr on down the line to do it right.

Heres a 6" hump sub I built for a member here, while mine is a 8".  I dont have a  problem with hearing or feeling the music through my helmet up to 70 mph.

Before

DSC02612.jpg

After
DSC02679.jpg

And my complete Busa sound system.

Slide1.jpg

654.jpg

Close up of the side front 5.25" mid speaker.
DSC02183.jpg

Close up of the front 2" tweeters.

DSC02189.jpg

Not cheap but it getz the job done.  
tounge.gif
that's a wicked phat system, A+

Back