Fairing Screens??

(Postal @ Sep. 16 2006,16:30) Now is a good time to get some screens, I have some fee time and this is my slow season.

http://mysite.verizon.net/resqpdlo/

Ride safe!

Postal.
Some "fee" time huh Postal?
poke.gif

Ok I am trying to get this done. I have read the post and it sounds like I have done something wrong. So i have pic that I hope will clear this up for me.

What I am reading is that the screen should fight right inside the opening.

Hear is what I have done:

Bike_Fairing_002__Small_.jpg

For some reason I do not think this is right.

Hear is another pic.

Any help would be great.

I feel that I will be doing some more cutting
smile.gif

Bike_Fairing_004__Small_.jpg

Those aren't shapped correctly H00ps. Postal will chime in but if they aren't shapped correctly they won't fit correctly.

(H00pscoach @ Oct. 03 2006,14:09) That is what I was thinking Big T

That is way I am asking now.

I am sure I have some cutting to do
I'm sure this is easier said than typed but here goes anyway....

[*] Take a nice size square that covers the hole and then some.
[*] Place the square over the hole you intend to cover and shape it how you want it.  If you look at the previous pics, the screens pertrude a little.  It's like they were pushed from the inside out.
[*] Once you get a good fit, cut away but leave enough of the screen edges so you can secure the screen to the fairing w/ epoxy.
[*] If all else fails, buy them from Postal

smile.gif
 Hope this helps.

(H00pscoach @ Oct. 03 2006,17:40) Ok I am trying to get this done.  I have read the post and it sounds like I have done something wrong. So i have pic that I hope will clear this up for me.

What I am reading is that the screen should fight right inside the opening.

Hear is what I have done:
There is an art to it :-). I have made probably over 100 sets. Be careful not to scratch your fairings while shaping the screens. That is probably the #1 reason folks buy them, to save their fairings. I have dummy fairings that I use to form the screens I sell.

Let me know if I can help you through this process. FREE of charge.

attached is a pic of what my screens look like already formed and ready to install.

P.

DSCF0242small.JPG

just got done today, looks great. Tom does a great job the screens fit like a glove.Tom was fast with help when I asked for it and the screens are great.
thanks Tom
glockologist

MVC_752F.JPG

Did read this entire thread
crazy.gif

But they look nice!

I've done several sets...use the APE screen (not cheap gutter screen) from O'Rielys and the stick epoxy.....easy job of it.

i was lucky, i got toms screens pre made before he quit making them but i still havent installed them

these are mine bro....got the material, fabricated and shaped myself..I put a little "extra" curvature in mine to make them protrude out a little more..I like that look better than just straight. Installed with an aluminum epoxy that's like steel when hardened..It holds well...

100_3962copy.jpg

Back