Bike Covers

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
What types/brands of bike coevers do we use??

I am looking for something that is soft on the inside and durable on the outside. Something to cover the whole bike and preferably able to go on while it is still warm.

COOL.gif

I use an old Ralph Lauren king size bed sheet. Soft, big, washable and free! Downside is that it would blow off, but the bike is covered in the garage......

For anyone wanting to go the cheaper route. XL size universal from Wolfe.
Waterproof and windproof. Has a few eyelets on the bottom with attached bungees. 18 bucks at wallyworld.
wink.gif

DSC00626.JPG

covermax makes a decent one as well....even holds up in the rain pretty well.

they are about 60.00 for the right size.

btw...I have the 20.00 walmart version for in my garage...out of the elements. It just keeps the dust off until I get home.

beerchug.gif

NelsonRigg. Water proof and very breathable. Has vents (holes on both sides w/flaps over) to allow air to circulate underneath the cover without getting water in. Second year outdoor and still has not ripped from the the sun. Has extra layers around the muffler area. Has grommets at bottom to secure with included straps but never use it.
Complaints: A little pricey (about $100). Not lightweight enough travel with. U get what U pay for.

Cheapee one from Cycle Gear - $18.00 - but it stays in a climate controlled garage - keeps the dust off.

Dowco here also. It's garage kept, but the cover stays at work just in-case weather rolls in....

(KROOZER @ Nov. 17 2006,05:25) NelsonRigg. Water proof and very breathable. Has vents (holes on both sides w/flaps over) to allow air to circulate underneath the cover without getting water in. Second year outdoor and still has not ripped from the the sun. Has extra layers around the muffler area. Has  grommets at bottom to secure with included straps but never use it.
Complaints: A little pricey (about $100). Not lightweight enough travel with. U get what U pay for.
Thats the one i have works good
biggrin.gif

(321CYA @ Nov. 16 2006,19:48) "DOWCO" Bike covers  has covered my last 2 bikes outside in the elements with no problems..
bowdown.gif
The one I have not only covers the bike in the garadge, but it folds small enough to take on trips. The neat thing is that it covers the entire bike and has air release vents on the top so it doesn't collect air on windy days. And Oklahoma has its share of high winds all year. A normal day here is always 10 to 15 mph and 20 mph is normal about 3 out of 7 days of the week and then the 20 to 35 and above mph days about 10 out of 30 days a month.  
tounge.gif

I use a Geza stretch cover and love it. It doesn't cover the lower part of the bike....but she lives in the shop anyway...

The cool thing about the Geza is that it fits into a small bag about twice the size of a pop can. I take it with me on overnight trips..

On the far right..

july06ride040-1.jpg

Back