Switchback LEDs! (Pics)

InfiniteReality

Registered
http://autolumination.com/switchback.html
I bought 2 switchback LEDs from here, plus some 1157 sockets. I was able to take out of the stock sockets and replace with these so I could reuse the stock mounting and all I had to do was run the running light wire. They were a little smaller so I epoxied them in place.

While I was at it, I decided to rewire the entire upper fairing to clean it up inside there. I made a whole new harness with heat shrink which allowed me to run everything to the upper fairnig but my HIDs. I didn't want to mess with them and play it safe. I wired it all to a 9-pin harness so it's all plug & play. I also used a weather resistant 2-wire connector for the high beam socket to the new harness.

I also re-wired my headlights so basically my high beam switch now operates as a headlight switch. When the high beam switch is OFF, only my projector is running. When you flip the high beam switch ON, the projector goes off and my HID & white LED running lights come on. I'm also running a yellow krypton bulb for my high beam from that same site. During the day, only a yellow light coming out of the tip of nose of the bike looks kinda cool too.
smile.gif
I also made a video to show them in action.
smile.gif

IMGP3204.jpg

IMGP3210.jpg

IMGP3213.jpg

IMGP3220.jpg

IMGP3219.jpg

IMGP3223.jpg

IMGP3238.jpg

IMGP3240.jpg

IMGP3248.jpg

IMGP3249.jpg

smile.gif

Sorry for the screw up posting pics... Should be fixed now.
smile.gif

Should I remove the video and add it at the bottom or just remove it all together? It's a pretty short video and shouldn't be too long in length.

Maybe the video at the end? If this stays slow, I'll just give a link to the video instead... Please advise.
smile.gif

<embed width="430" height="355" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://smg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v375/InfiniteReality/Hayabusa/Videoz/LEDSwitchbacks.flv"></embed>

Nice job on all the lights ! I wouldn't know where to start with anything electrical . I especially like the running lights/turn signals in the video .Telling you nice job really is an understatement !
super.gif

Have those bulbs for my turn signals. Look and work really nice.

i wish you could rig mine up like that! where did you connect them? did you run the running lights straight from the battery? nice work!
bowdown.gif

nice job
beerchug.gif
...if i tried to do that, i would end up having to sell my bike for scrap

(Warputer @ Oct. 30 2006,13:17) Nice job on all the lights ! I wouldn't know where to start with anything electrical . I especially like the running lights/turn signals in the video .Telling you nice job really is an understatement !
super.gif
+1
beerchug.gif

(BABYBUSA01 @ Oct. 30 2006,19:19) i wish you could rig mine up like that!  where did you connect them?  did you run the running lights straight from the battery?  nice work!    
bowdown.gif
There is a brown wire that is reserved for running lights. It's used on european models, but just sits unused on US models. It's just tucked up in cowl...

Back