GPS

What is the best buy for the money in GPS (let's say under $1,000.00)? Thanks.

P.

Garmin 276c: Large color screen, quick redraws and route recalcs, large memory capacity

thegpsstore.com for best deals on GPS stuff
cycoactive.com for RAM mounts

gadgets.jpg

(cutter @ Oct. 21 2005,15:35) Garmin 276c: Large color screen, quick redraws and route recalcs, large memory capacity

gadgets.jpg
It's just too much for my tastes.

I have seen the mounts that attach to the fuel tank lid. No clue as to where to get them though, I would like to get one like it though.

I actually zip-tie it to the rear seat (or grabbar if I have the modded hump on). I thought about the stem-stand, but there was a problem. I only use my GSP when I do a top-speed run. While doing it I always tuck under my windscreen and look through it. Having a stem-stand would hinder my vision.

BTW ... I also have the Garmin E-trex.

(cutter @ Oct. 21 2005,17:35) Garmin 276c: Large color screen, quick redraws and route recalcs, large memory capacity

+1 on the 276c. +1 on the thegpsstore.com.

It is also very visible in direct sunlight unlike most others. Also contains an internal lith battery.

I do have mine mounted just a bit different however.

Good looking setup you are running!

I used two pieces of right angle metal brackets on the two bolts that hold the brake master cylinder on and bolt to my stock mount for my Tom Tom. works great and easy to take off. does not block anything.

bought an extra top clamp fro 10$ drilled and taper to mount the gps.i used the bracket for a car mount works good and easy to remove.

post_49_09137_DSCF1162__Large_.jpg

(Sloto200 @ Oct. 23 2006,22:41)
(ike @ Oct. 23 2006,17:22) Garmin just came out with the zumo 550.
I think that is the one I'm getting.
Amazon.com I think has it for $999.
Check it out on the Garmin site.
http://www.garmin.com/products/zumo/
crazy.gif
  $999  
SHOCKED.gif
  Must be nice to have that kind of money...
Must be targeted for those Hardley rider. They dont seem to mind being raped when it comes to spending loot on their machines. Not that I dont like Harley type machines but everything offered is
eek2.gif
wayyyyy overpriced.

Thanks for the link. Hopefully by spring it'll half off.

(Postal @ Sep. 27 2005,10:55) What is the best buy for the money in GPS (let's say under $1,000.00)? Thanks.

P.
I'm partial to the TomTom Rider and it's under $1K. ... stem stand mount ... easy to transfer between bike and car.

(sageronin @ Nov. 07 2006,14:12)
(Postal @ Sep. 27 2005,10:55) What is the best buy for the money in GPS (let's say under $1,000.00)? Thanks.

P.
I'm partial to the TomTom Rider and it's under $1K.  ... stem stand mount ... easy to transfer between bike and car.
I got the Garmin 2650 as a free gift from my boss for our end-of-fiscal-year accomplishments. It is for the car or bike.

jump9.gif

On my VFR I have been running a garmin SPIII for GPS, I also run a XM roady for music.

The SPIII has been a good GPS (garmin quailty) but it big and bulky, out dated in Technology

On my 'Busa I will be running the ZUMO from Garmin It's pricey if that is what you're basing the purchase on, but look at it and check out the features and the size It is XM radio ready, Bluetooth all kinds of features Look at the whole package it's designed for a bike it comes with a motorcycle mount using Ram mounts This thing is a dream for the sport-touring guys.Now I only have to have one device instead of two.

"nuff said"

Back