BUSA Short swingarm?

So now it comes time to have more throttle control. While riding twisties I like to use a lot of RPM and less braking, but it tends to lift the front wheel up - even leaned over. You have to find the balance between how you ride and the wheelbase.

the bike felt fine at high speed for me. drop the front like half an inch when you do this and it will be an incredible difference. pick up a rivet link from a bike shop, just cut the links out of your stock chain and link it back together no problem. bike handled incredible on the short arm, i just had issues with the 600 arm as it twisted/sheared on me.. and the 750 arm bumps into my HMF dual high mounts. Worked great though, I just wanted the exhaust more than i wanted the short arm. wen tback to stock length and raised the rear and kept the front dropped 1" and its still pretty decent

(CCRider @ Sep. 14 2006,10:04) So now it comes time to have more throttle control. While riding twisties I like to use a lot of RPM and less braking, but it tends to lift the front wheel up - even leaned over. You have to find the balance between how you ride and the wheelbase.
the busa is a bike where you go in hot, slam the brakes, and throw it in and accelerate. a TRE helps this as the timing isnt retarded in te lower gears, i can light the tire up leaving every turn on a tight road if i wanted to. its not just a bike you can lean over and have ground clearance forever... plan on scraping **** when you get good enuf.

750 arm...

bikeagain029mk6.jpeg

(camaroguy72 @ Sep. 14 2006,10:23) the bike felt fine at high speed for me. drop the front like half an inch when you do this and it will be an incredible difference. pick up a rivet link from a bike shop, just cut the links out of your stock chain and link it back together no problem. bike handled incredible on the short arm, i just had issues with the 600 arm as it twisted/sheared on me.. and the 750 arm bumps into my HMF dual high mounts. Worked great though, I just wanted the exhaust more than i wanted the short arm. wen tback to stock length and raised the rear and kept the front dropped 1" and its still pretty decent
Did the 600 arm twist because it was not made to take the tourqe porduced by the BUSA or was it just a manufature defect?

(tpbio @ Sep. 14 2006,10:31)
(camaroguy72 @ Sep. 14 2006,10:23) the bike felt fine at high speed for me. drop the front like half an inch when you do this and it will be an incredible difference. pick up a rivet link from a bike shop, just cut the links out of your stock chain and link it back together no problem. bike handled incredible on the short arm, i just had issues with the 600 arm as it twisted/sheared on me.. and the 750 arm bumps into my HMF dual high mounts.  Worked great though, I just wanted the exhaust more than i wanted the short arm. wen tback to stock length and raised the rear and kept the front dropped 1" and its still pretty decent
Did the 600 arm twist because it was not made to take the tourqe porduced by the BUSA or was it just a manufature defect?
no brace, constant beating on, stoppies, etc.

(camaroguy72 @ Sep. 14 2006,10:24)
(CCRider @ Sep. 14 2006,10:04) So now it comes time to have more throttle control. While riding twisties I like to use a lot of RPM and less braking, but it tends to lift the front wheel up - even leaned over. You have to find the balance between how you ride and the wheelbase.
the busa is a bike where you go in hot, slam the brakes, and throw it in and accelerate. a TRE helps this as the timing isnt retarded in te lower gears, i can light the tire up leaving every turn on a tight road if i wanted to. its not just a bike you can lean over and have ground clearance forever... plan on scraping **** when you get good enuf.
I wheelie instead of spin, but I am not on a 'busa.............and I am good enough :-) I was just pointing out that a reduced wheelbase tends to shift you to more of a wheelie than spin setup.

(CCRider @ Sep. 14 2006,10:34)
(camaroguy72 @ Sep. 14 2006,10:24)
the busa is a bike where you go in hot, slam the brakes, and throw it in and accelerate. a TRE helps this as the timing isnt retarded in te lower gears, i can light the tire up leaving every turn on a tight road if i wanted to.  its not just a bike you can lean over and have ground clearance forever... plan on scraping **** when you get good enuf.
I wheelie instead of spin, but I am not on a 'busa.............and I am good enough :-) I was just pointing out that a reduced wheelbase tends to shift you to more of a wheelie than spin setup.
its not that big a difference as far as making it a wheelie monster. i can do better wheelies with the longer bike now lol.

I only weelied once, and that was an accident. Probably only came up about 1', but I did not like the feeling at all!

Hats off to all you weelie pros out there
bowdown.gif

(tpbio @ Sep. 14 2006,10:38) I only weelied once, and that was an accident. Probably only came up about 1', but I did not like the feeling at all!

Hats off to all you weelie pros out there  
bowdown.gif
i can ride out 4th to the limiter... cant keep it up in 5th or 6th though.. too fast/scary

(camaroguy72 @ Sep. 14 2006,10:39) i can ride out 4th to the limiter... cant keep it up in 5th or 6th though.. too fast/scary
Now that is some skillz, Bro!
super.gif

(tpbio @ Sep. 14 2006,10:43)
(camaroguy72 @ Sep. 14 2006,10:39) i can ride out 4th to the limiter... cant keep it up in 5th or 6th though.. too fast/scary
Now that is some skillz, Bro!  
super.gif
im 22, zero commitments except show up to work, and crazy as can be. good times to be had by all lol.

I have to be careful to not wheelie...........100+RWTQ at the RPM I am using in the twisties.....and 16/43 gearing :-) I don't like to wheelie a lot cuz I know what will become of my fork seals....

(CCRider @ Sep. 14 2006,11:31) I have to be careful to not wheelie...........100+RWTQ at the RPM I am using in the twisties.....and 16/43 gearing :-) I don't like to wheelie a lot cuz I know what will become of my fork seals....
my fork seals were under warranty
AAAssjani.gif

with the arm i am sending you and the chain, i was 16/42 on the sprockets and you must use stock dogbones, thats the shortest.

Back