For the VA riders

Great pics!
smile.gif

I was running way too late after dropping the mrs off.

Sorry guys, great pics!!

Sorry we missed you too...I was thinking you were coming and we left just a bit past 10:30 a.m.

Next time, right?
cool.gif

I really enjoyed the ride and meeting some of the members. Everything worked out great, no one had mechanical problems that I heard of, and no accidents or tickets. If only it would have been about 20 degree's cooler. Great time.

Richard

Did you get stuck at the tunnel Richard? I thought about you when I got home...you still had a bit of a ride ahead!

Yes, I got stuck for a little while at the tunnel. But something else happened before that. I was north of Williamsburg in heavy traffic and finally got a clear spot and took advantage of it. Well at the front of all this is a Blue Crown Victoria with dual exhaust and little lights just inside and at the top of the rear windshield. I slowed down a little and got the proper following distance behind him and waited. No reaction from him so I continued to follow at the proper distance matching his speed which varied from 70-85mph up to the bottle neck at the tunnel. Once clear we continued as before until the I64/I264 split. He headed toward Chesapeake and I continued to Virginia Beach. I guess it was my lucky day. I bought 5 quick pick lotto's at our water stop Saturday, so maybe my luck will continue.

Richard

Ride pics are in from last saturday!!!

Gas stop in Warsaw, VA.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156814538 -->

Late_Summer_Ride_2006_001.jpg

What the heck are you looking for Chelle? :-)

And yes, another piece of TP mysteriously appeared on Chelle's back tire at this stop. I think DJ captured the moment on his camera. I couldn't take the pic because I was too busy placing the TP.... uh, I mean getting a drink from the store. :-)

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156814681 -->

Late_Summer_Ride_2006_002.jpg

I think Warren was saying here: "I can't decide, was it Charmin or Cottenel stuck to Chelle's tire?"

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156814766 -->

Late_Summer_Ride_2006_003.jpg

No idea what this conversation was about....

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156814800 -->

Late_Summer_Ride_2006_004.jpg

We had 13 bikes turn out for this imprompto ride, NICE!!!!

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156814870 -->

Late_Summer_Ride_2006_006.jpg

Mr. Basscrazy himself!

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156814905 -->

Late_Summer_Ride_2006_007.jpg

I got a little bored on this stretch, reached into my tankbag, got the digital camera out and shot this. Then realized how stupid it was what I was doing and put the freekin camera away! :-0

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156814988 -->

Late_Summer_Ride_2006_009.jpg

I think this was Kilmarnock VA. Not a pretty picture, by accident. :-)

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156815114 -->

Late_Summer_Ride_2006_010.jpg

We wound up here, at a nice eatery in Deltaville, VA (I think). Nice little harbour community, lots of stares, but nice folks.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156813903 -->

Late_Summer_Ride_2006_011.jpg

Trying to decide what to eat....

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156813930 -->

Late_Summer_Ride_2006_013.jpg

Sageronin (L), Basscrazy (rght), two very good friends of mine.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156815196 -->

Late_Summer_Ride_2006_014.jpg

Back