New frame sliders

mjb1206

Registered
Sorry For The Kinda Big Pictures, Just Wanted Folks To See Them Up Close...............Matt

LeftSlider.jpg

RightSlider.jpg

RightFront.jpg

Looks good, but if the fairing is touching (not sure if they are) the sliders, wouldn't paint start chipping with engine vibration?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|boribusa69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155683383 -->

Thanxs for all the comments. Damm, thinking I was doing a good job, and now more things to consider. Well, hopefully paint chipping or peeling won’t be an issue, if so; I guess I’ll have to cut the holes a little bigger, just to make sure they are not touching the sliders.

I guess all the fasteners that screw in tight holding the fairings don’t have the engine vibration problem, or I’m going to have a chipped-up, paint-peeling Busa real soon………

I recommend cutting the holes a little bigger.

Nice work, and good looking ride!

Looks good, but the if the fairing is touching (not sure if they are) the sliders, wouldn't paint start chipping with engine vibration?
rock.gif
What about a tip over.....that force has to distribute somewhere.
Sliders are only for a LOW or NO speed drop ! Not a mounted moving bike that goes down. Low as in your just starting to move like 5 to 10 mph at most. And NO speed means you drop it at the filling station or forgetting to put the kick stand down
laugh.gif
(and don't say NOBODY has done this) and your able to easy it down ! Sliders will not prevent damage in a real get off, that's why the factorys put the FRAME Sliders behind the fairings. They know the fairing will destroy themselves and they don't want the sliders to hang up on anything and bend the frame while the bike slides
idea.gif

Great job on those sliders... those are the ones i'd like to get. What method did you use to get such a close cut?

Good job on the cut. Might want to dremel just a tad...be careful not to distort the circle.

Very nice, those are my Favorites, have three sets on 3 bikes. excellent cosmetic choice. depending on the mood you can switch the end caps to Black, silver or gold!!! and you did a great job on the install!!.

Nice . those are the ones I have also . Nice looking ride too. Close up like that you can see the flakes in the paint that color-rite cant match properly .

<!--EDIT|tinmann
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155756383 -->

Back