Cutting rear fender off

extensive

Donating Member
Registered
i searched but i couldnt find any real detailed pics. i want to get rid of the fender but i cant afford an undertail just yet.

how did you guys cut the stock fender off? pics?

rock.gif

Use Cardboard (ShoeBox Style) as a template, and a grease pencil on the existing fender to map out what you want to FINAL shape to be. Be certain to plan for signals and License plate. Adjust the carboard till you have the shape you want then mark it on both sides.

Then bust out the tin snips if you have em' if not a dremel is OK but messy, hack saw is last resort. The tin snips work freaking great. to get to within about 1/4 inch of your final shape. THEN, sneak up on your final desired shape using elbow greese, a couple good quality files, and lots of sand paper. Doing it this way get a near factory edge on the remainder of the mud flap and you will get a great finished look instead of the frequently seen "hacked Up" Fugly Fender.
smile.gif

I'll see if I can find a couple of pics.

Just use some paper or cardboard to make a pattern of the curve at the bottom of the fender, and then trace the line with a sharpie or something. I used a dremel to make the initial cut, and then cleaned up the cut with a file. I think it looks OK, especially for free.

BusaStovePrairie08web.jpg

I used a dremel...Works awesome, just be very gentle or else you will not have a fender left
tounge.gif

June_2006_008a.jpg

Just use some paper or cardboard to make a pattern of the curve at the bottom of the fender, and then trace the line with a sharpie or something. I used a dremel to make the initial cut, and then cleaned up the cut with a file. I think it looks OK, especially for free.

That just doesn't look good... to me. It looks like it was cut off.

I just went ahead and got a real undertail... because I'm a horrible artist and if I cut my shovel I would have made it look like Billy Ray Cirus' hair....

Nice looking, I mean Really Nice looking and I love the Carbon Canisters  
tounge.gif

race.gif

Back