Evolution of a busa

Kweave

Donating Member
Registered
These are some pics of my Annie Mae as she has come along. The first is when I first got her home.

old_bike.jpg

And her are a couple of views after I polished the frame, got a polished swingarm that looks Chromed from Icemann. And the fairing screens from Postal.  Also not seen are blue guages and a digi gear.

<!--EDIT|Kweave
Reason for Edit: "I was a posting idiot"|1154201192 -->

bike_updates_002__Small_.jpg

Cool! The last shot was a little on the small side though.

Another.

<!--EDIT|Kweave
Reason for Edit: "I was not enlightened"|1154201236 -->

bike_updates_003__Small_.jpg

Again.
Excuse the clutter in the garage, we are selling this house and the garage is being used for storage.

<!--EDIT|Kweave
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154201572 -->

bike_updates_004__Small_.jpg

check out the new owner forum, they have a link to the windows site that has a tool on the right side of the page to download the picture resizing tool.

here's the link:

<!--EDIT|Mr. Anderson
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154200127 -->

I went by the tutorials here on the board. It wasnt toooooo bad. It was messy.
I used easy off to strip the coating on the upper frame section.
I then used a progression of sand paper with a orbital sander. I started with 200 then 320 then 400, 600,800 , 1000 then wet sanded with 1500.
It is really important to be patient with the coarse stuff cause that lives the deep gouges that you cant see till you start polishing. I am actually gonna go back since I have rested and do it again from about 600 up.
I then used a buffer wheel on my drill and used white then red rouge to buff to a shine. I have heard some people used the brown emory to start.
I would be pleased with my effort had I not seen some of the work here and especially my swingarm which was done by Icemann

Man i love that color scheme! Thats a great lookin bike!!
cool.gif

Back