Need help quick!!!!!!!!!

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
Shibumi and I are installing HID on the bikes.

Where is the best place to install the ballast?

Valium, I am not disregarding your advice, but we are concerned about the stability of the ram air tubes.

We have the bikes apart in Shibumi's garage.

We need some input quick.

Thanks

usn04limited aka Don

Follow Icemann's install and you won't have any problems. Guaranteed.

This is where Charlesbusa and I decided to install the ballast...

P1290025.JPG

Notice where the zip ties are mounted, you might want to get some heavy duty zip ties for this location though... Good luck with the install and please keep us posted...

Ballast got real hot and could melt the ABS plastic. I pur mine on fairing stay, and I have 2 balasts for both Low and High beams.

OMG, I'm BLIND!!!

I'm going to be seeing spots for a week- these things are freaking AWESOME!!

Will post pics later, but all I gotta say is-

DAMM!!!!!!!

P.S.- Do NOT EVEN walk in front of the bike before going for a night ride- night vision completely blown for a long time.
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Shibumi
Reason for Edit: "P.S."|1153560636 -->

Ballast got real hot and could melt the ABS plastic. I pur mine on fairing stay, and I have 2 balasts for both Low and High beams.
You can try a HID special HID extension cable....

That's what I did for mine... it is a 1.5 metre cables that allows me to install my ballast under my seat.

(I know the ballast is waterproof, I am just paranoid about mixing water with electrical stuff)

GC

I posted new thread, but just for followup...

Great first official Group Buy KSB! We knew it would be bright, but the actuality blew away all expectations we had.

USN04Limited and I installed the 6000K kit low beams we split last night. You really won't believe the difference until you see it in person. There is NO WAY a cager is going to miss you going down the road with these on during the day, much less at night. The beam propagation laterally is going to make a world of difference as well when taking curves at night. Didn't take pics as we went, Iceman has the definitive walktrough on that but did take pics of finished result. I'm not going to be able to see without spots for a while yet...
biggrin.gif

My bike (Akasha)

HID1.JPG

Back