How many 'Busa's sold

As of 2002 at least 12,000. Assuming sales have remained sorta constant we could guess about 3K a year... So Prolly about 15K or so...

Just a guess... Suzuki keeps all this type of information under wraps like it is a matter of National security...

Ah the great 2002 SE Mystery. Some say as few as a couple Hundred, I have heard 1 per dealer. But really, Tampa area Population is roughly 3 million, and just riding around here I have seen one other in person and I know HayabusaMan has one as well. So there are a minimum of three In Tampa alone, Plus Blas32 up north. So lets say there is one made per every million in human population. (NOT SCIENTIFIC) the US Population is roughly 300mil, so we could roughly say there is at least 300 of the buggers out there.
Suzuki isn't saying though, and they were offered as a sales incentive in 2002 so a dealer could have ordered as many as he thought he could sell. But this could also mean that Many Dealerships never even had one. Where I bought mine is a prime example, they had never heard of the 2002 SE until I went in there bugging...

Now I have heard that the SE was created midyear as a way to celebrate having sold 12,000 Hayabusi since it's creation. But who knows... Suzuki isn't saying for whatever reason...

OK This is a copy of a Suzuki Corporate Sales thingi that would have been sent to Dealers.

What really peaks my interest is the Comment about special "MILL" implying that the all Black SE motors really are something a little different...wishful thinking maybe but who knows...

FWIW...

post_6_97392_post_6_87038_busainfo.jpg

I called Suzuki and they refused to give anything up. I have only seen one other SE besides mine. Dealers had a lot left over in the winter and that is how I got mine. I have only seen 2 03' SE's in person as well. To me it is just another Busa with a cool color. Noone even takes note when I am out with it.

Ah the great 2002 SE Mystery.  Some say as few as a couple Hundred, I have heard 1 per dealer. But really, Tampa area Population is roughly 3 million,  and just riding around here I have seen one other in person and I know HayabusaMan has one as well.  So there are a minimum of three In Tampa alone, Plus Blas32 up north.   So lets say there is one made per every million in human population.  (NOT SCIENTIFIC)  the US Population is roughly 300mil, so we could roughly say there is at least 300 of the buggers out there.
 Suzuki isn't saying though, and they were offered as a sales incentive in 2002 so a dealer could have ordered as many as he thought he could sell.  But this could also mean that Many Dealerships never even had one. Where I bought mine is a prime example, they had never heard of the 2002 SE until I went in there bugging...

Now I have heard that the SE was created midyear as a way to celebrate having sold 12,000 Hayabusi since it's creation.  But who knows...  Suzuki isn't saying for whatever reason...
The dealer where I bought mine, in Woodbridge, VA, only got three.

Postal. :cool:

Back