To hump or not to hump

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Tobins about a month old, decided to put the hump back on for a while (love the hump). Had it not been for the Tobins the back seat would never see the light of day (Yes I ride alone, actually I'm dead in the middle of the big D
wow.gif
).

Anyhow...back to the question, TO hump

hump3.jpg

or not to hump

BusaDelta1.jpg

BTW - riding home today, I got in traffic behind a big V-twin (not sure which one as I was watching the traffic). I wound up clearing traffic and getting first spot at a light with this guy behind me. Guy was riding kinda spunky before, now the light turns green...I roll in first, hit second and see this guy trying to ride up my you know. I decide to drop the hammer...
race.gif

Holymotherof....Been praticing shifting clutchless under speed(so I can freakin' hang on) went thru 2nd, hit 3rd, harleyesqewhateritwas was getting RREeal small in the rear view...I looked down...125..ish. Whew
smileyexhibit.gif
figured it was over (I guess it was over as soon as I twisted my wrist).

I got off...what a RUSH. That was fun, imagine if I'da ran a real bike. You have'ta understand, I just ride completely solo and don't have a lot (o.k. almost none) of racing experience...so even though it was kinda like picking on the retarded kid, it was still fun for me
tounge.gif
wow.gif

wow.gif

Hahaha... good story. It's funny that most bikes almost know NOT to mess with the Busa. It's the tuners that crack me up. They pull almong side of you with every switch, light, and gauge that Autozone sells mounted to their dash, and chrome fire extinguishers mounted in the back seat. It's an embarrasement waiting to happen once that light turns green!
laugh.gif

BTW... hump for sure. It's a shame to cover up that Tobin, but hump is slang Japanese for Hayabusa!

And you got yourself the FASTEST colors!

absolutely hump...the only time this changes is if you are replacing it with a cutie on the back!!

What's up JYT?  Did something similar today myself.  Had it at 120 in 3rd.  He knew that I knew he was just trying to get me to turn it on.

Go with the hump.  Only time it comes off is when the wife will get back there.  Hope everything goes smooth w/ the Big D.

Just curious...where are you at in Central FL?

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151794942 -->

IMO the Busa with the rear seat on looks like ass. The Tobins help, but more than anything it takes from the Busa's looks. For the love of God don't do the hump mod.

What's up JYT?  Did something similar today myself.  Had it at 120 in 3rd.  He knew that I knew he was just trying to get me to turn it on.

Go with the hump.  Only time it comes off is when the wife will get back there.  Hope everything goes smooth w/ the Big D.

Just curious...where are you at in Central FL?
You've been Pm'ed

IMO the Busa with the rear seat on looks like ass. The Tobins help, but more than anything it takes from the Busa's looks. For the love of God don't do the hump mod.
Hump mod will never happen on my bike, not for me.
Takes away the clean sweeping lines at the rear...

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151797632 -->

Let's just make this clear. I'm assuming this statement is directed at the grab rail w/ hump on mod and not Igor's Hump Mod which allows you to store items easily in your hump while riding.

IG's hump mod is great and highly recommended and has nothing to do with appearance.

Back