Insurance

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
Insure separately?, bike then cars, or all together? Their all do for re-insurance and was wondering if a separate bike company would be a better way to go, first time insuring this way. Thanks
rock.gif

race___repair_004.jpg

state farm......... u have to insure ur vehicle to get the bike insured but they have the cheapest rates going in most cases....... 22yo/04 busa/06 g6 gtp coupe= $170/month. $67 just for the busa.

Try and get your home owners through the same company too. More you have the bigger the discount. State Farm is simply the best.

No offence but that's one of the most pathetic policies I've seen. Hit a person and all that 25K will cover is their ambulance ride and 1st hour in the trauma ward. Coworker was out on his Hardley when a kid in an S10 hit him. In the grand scheme of things his injuries were minor...mainly a crushed foot causing 6 months off work. Kid in the S10 had a $100K policy. Coworkers medical bills were something like $120K. Then there's the $25K for the totalled bike. And let's not forget 6 months off work which was another $50K+. Oh and then pain and suffering (he won't say what he got)! That kid is probably in it for at least $200K out of pocket. Coworkers insurance company now OWNS that kid.

That $10K property damage won't be of much help either if you cause damage to anything better than a Kia or Daewoo.

Don't skimp on insurance, cover yer azz. It's a sue happy society.

I've got full coverage with $300K, $300K, $300K with a $1K deductible. I pay exactly $300 a year through State Farm on my 2 year old Busa. It goes down every year, when it was brand new I think I was paying a little over $400.
Right now I'm thinking long and hard about upping it to $1 million.

I have State Farm on my Busa only. They didn't require anything else, and it turns out that having my cars with a second and third company and my house with a fourth gives me the best coverage with good companies for less than putting them all together at any of them.

I'm with USAA (ex military) and full coverage costs me $255 every 6 mo.'s. Yeah, my buddy on the GSXR-1000 'bout #### when he heard it was partly due to the busa being labeled a "sport-cruiser".

Back