Is the busa worth the $$$$

i brought the busa as my second bike and i have loved every minute. I have put (4200 + ) in 3 months

I was going to get a cruiser, could not understand how anybody rode around on those "crotch rockets" all hunched over. Then, due to necessity, I started riding my Son's YZF. Got used to it very very quick and loved it. Instead of driving my Sofa around, you become part of the bike.

Started looking at the sport bikes, fell in absolute love with the Busa. She is a major handfull, but only goes as fast as you twist the throttle. If you ride conservatively with a lot of respect she is a dream to ride. Super smooth and not that aggressive a riding position. You hit 'er hard and she turns into demon fast.

People ask me how I like my Busa...greatest thing you could ever put gas into.

It's good to be King...
BusaDelta1.jpg

I can't agree with you.  Just cause you had that experience, and that other rider you knew had that experience of having a Busa for a first bike doesn't mean that applies to everyone.  

Busa is my first and still only bike and I'm alive in one piece nearly 25,000 miles later, with less than .25 inch of chicken strip on each side and a couple of mildly scrapped peg feelers.  That's in L.A., San Diego, and Ventura roads splitting traffic.

I think him coming from a cruiser is still WAY better than me coming from NOTHING into a Busa.

Don't disway him from it to go for "baby steps" instead.  Some people just don't need it... Maybe by luck?
[/QUOTE]
exactly some people get lucky and don't kill themselves entering sportbikes on a Busa and some have natural talent for riding and adapt quickly.

With that said even the 2 above instances apply to you or anyone else....you're still MUCH MUCH MUCH better off NOT going with a Busa as you're first bike or first sportbike. Not doing so will only benefit you and make you a better rider IMO.

Yes we're always going to hear the story about the rider who "started on a Busa no problem and look at me now."
The Busa may be a great bike but being able to ride one WELL should be the result of prior sportbike riding. I've ridden a many a cruiser including a Vol/C50.....the Busa and sportbikes in general are a different universe compared to that bike.

No way in hell should anyone steer him toward a Busa. I'm shocked people are.

I bought a busa as my first bike with very little time on sportbikes or crusers. The power is very controlable, the bike is very comfortable and it's the best looking thing on two wheels. My dad is 50 yrs old, never been on a sport bike once. He had to bring the busa out of storage to the dealer for me a few weeks ago ( i'm still in Iraq ) and when I bought it he said he didn't like it and didn't want to ride it, but now he loves it and said he might have to "keep it warm" for me while i'm gone!
smile.gif
I'm a first time bike owner, and no more than 155lbs, and I have no problem handling or controling my busa!

Buy a Busa if that's what you want. It's still completely idiotic to start out on one. I don't care if you can control it and feel "comfortable" on it. That's how I felt on my old CBR1100XX when I had a whopping 3K mi riding experience. Now with close to 100K under my belt, I can look back and know what a naive idiot I was.

But you will most likely run into a situation where you take a turn too hot or swallow too much throttle and when you do.......u most likely will #### a brick and won't know what to do (and yeah....u can do that on any bike but it's way too damn easy on the Busa). Or you could be like other first time bike/Busa owner's I've seen that ride them like Buicks....and brake before, after, and during the turns. And get laughed by those riding Nighthawk 750s.

Guys who think they're doing great b/c they're starting on a Busa and love it and feel in control are most of the time clueless......and don't know how to ride. Not all....but the vast majority. You should go out and get an SV650 and ride the hell of it and wack it to 9K rpm....something you could never do starting on a Busa....learn to ride........and then step up to the big boy. Riding a Busa IMO should be an earned privilege......not a novice right.

If you wanted to start on a Blackbird as a sportsbike (doesn't even have the Busa's speed), the Blackbird forum would throw stones at you instantly.....

Nothing that you'll read here should be enough to sway you one way or the other in your MC purchasing decision. Hey, I'm a 62 year old dude that can ride with the best of them and have had more bikes over the years than most guys will ever have. I sold my 2003 GSRX-1000 last year and bought a new Busa....the best move I could have made. Long distance riding isn't the forte of most sports bikes, so if you're looking for a much more comfortable ride without giving up that "need for smooth and never ending acceleration" thingy that most of us here share, then by all means, get a Busa! The only problem with owning a Haybusa is that NOTHING else will ever be able to come close to the thrill of riding one.......be it on a nice long sports touring adventure, or tearing through the canyons at a semi-aggressive clip. Oh man....I could go on and on....but I'll stop now, gotta go get another beer, hotter than hell here in Carson City today....whew! think BUSA.....you'll not reget it!

You could go from a cruiser to a busa no problem. The Busa is not a squirrly, out of control bike and if you're mindful of the power, you'll do fine. If you're a squid - you're gonna have problems. But the Revlis idea - buying a used one - much more economical. I love my bike but if I did it again, I might buy used. (no no - I was wrong - I love the new smell and everything.) That's a personal thing though - not an across the board thing.

Good luck!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|shawn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151366176 -->

I owned a Honda VFR 800 (Interceptor) before I purchased my 05 busa. It's a great bike, and it looks good. It holds it's value good, but I would purchase one 2002 and up. The bike has a better sitting position.. it is your true Sport Touring bike..

But....

You will love the Busa.. It is unlike anything else you have ever riden... For the price, performance, and resale value.. you can't beat it.. I looked for a used Busa before I purchased mine, and I couldn't find one under $7G's..

Just my 2 cents... good luck!

http://powersports.honda.com/motorcy....VFR8006

Buy a Busa if that's what you want.  It's still completely idiotic to start out on one.  I don't care if you can control it and feel "comfortable" on it.  That's how I felt on my old CBR1100XX when I had a whopping 3K mi riding experience.  Now with close to 100K under my belt, I can look back and know what a naive idiot I was.

But you will most likely run into a situation where you take a turn too hot or swallow too much throttle and when you do.......u most likely will #### a brick and won't know what to do (and yeah....u can do that on any bike but it's way too damn easy on the Busa).  Or you could be like other first time bike/Busa owner's I've seen that ride them like Buicks....and brake before, after, and during the turns.  And get laughed by those riding Nighthawk 750s.

Guys who think they're doing great b/c they're starting on a Busa and love it and feel in control are most of the time clueless......and don't know how to ride.  Not all....but the vast majority.  You should go out and get an SV650 and ride the hell of it and wack it to 9K rpm....something you could never do starting on a Busa....learn to ride........and then step up to the big boy.  Riding a Busa IMO should be an earned privilege......not a novice right.

If you wanted to start on a Blackbird as a sportsbike (doesn't even have the Busa's speed), the Blackbird forum would throw stones at you instantly.....
Your on Crack. If he has been riding, even a cruiser he can make the transition. I had a 750 shadow and it was no problem to make the switch. I just kept wanting to put my feet forward on the pegs.
I gurantee anyone that can ride any bike reasonably well can transition to the Busa. It aint rocket science.
I betcha that him coming from a volusia his overall riding skills may be better than your average Busa go straight and fast rider. Slow manuevering and turns are what get most ppl.
If he is adept at that he is fine.
I love the busa and it can/will kill you. It also is not that difficult to learn. Albeit the learning curve is a lot more serious if you screw up or it can get serious real fast.....

Buy a Busa if that's what you want.  It's still completely idiotic to start out on one.  I don't care if you can control it and feel "comfortable" on it.  That's how I felt on my old CBR1100XX when I had a whopping 3K mi riding experience.  Now with close to 100K under my belt, I can look back and know what a naive idiot I was.

But you will most likely run into a situation where you take a turn too hot or swallow too much throttle and when you do.......u most likely will #### a brick and won't know what to do (and yeah....u can do that on any bike but it's way too damn easy on the Busa).  Or you could be like other first time bike/Busa owner's I've seen that ride them like Buicks....and brake before, after, and during the turns.  And get laughed by those riding Nighthawk 750s.

Guys who think they're doing great b/c they're starting on a Busa and love it and feel in control are most of the time clueless......and don't know how to ride.  Not all....but the vast majority.  You should go out and get an SV650 and ride the hell of it and wack it to 9K rpm....something you could never do starting on a Busa....learn to ride........and then step up to the big boy.  Riding a Busa IMO should be an earned privilege......not a novice right.

Your on Crack. If he has been riding, even a cruiser he can make the transition. I had a 750 shadow and it was no problem to make the switch. I just kept wanting to put my feet forward on the pegs.
I gurantee anyone that can ride any bike reasonably well can transition to the Busa.  It aint rocket science.
I betcha that him coming from a volusia his overall riding skills may be better than your average Busa go straight and fast rider. Slow manuevering and turns are what get most ppl.
If he is adept at that he is fine.
I love the busa and it can/will kill you. It also is not that difficult to learn. Albeit the learning curve is a lot more serious if you screw up  or it can get serious real fast.....
hey, we've been with this subject forever...there is no reason to make other member look like a dumb...and you right too...
In general idea?
from R somethin 750 to busa, is pretty right course...(it still kinda stiff for my decision...) but, from nomal bikes to last one in the list? don't you think its little stiff? just my 2 cent...
rock.gif

I think if new owners buy these things to ride within their limits, instead of getting all caught up in "the legend" and doing something stupid and getting hurt, they are fine for experienced riders. The bike has everything to offer if you only take from it what you can handle, work on your skills at your own pace, and just enjoy the ride. I have to agree with the others that I couldn't go back to a cruiser either.
cool.gif

Is a Busa worth the money?
rock.gif

hmmmmm zero to 60 in 2.3 seconds.
from 80 to 120 in a flash...
top end of 186.....

unbelievable torque....yes.....there is no question that its worth every cent I paid. Considering that some follks shell out 20,000 for bmw's and vrods......the bike is a steal....

<span style='color:blue'>What can "I" say!! This bike is the most bang for the buck! You can buy used, but they can b had for 10ish new? You don't have to ride like a nutter but if you want to take some track days in! Its well worth the $. This bike will do it all and @ 48mp gallon stock...</span>  
beerchug.gif

I can't agree with you. Just cause you had that experience, and that other rider you knew had that experience of having a Busa for a first bike doesn't mean that applies to everyone.

Busa is my first and still only bike and I'm alive in one piece nearly 25,000 miles later, with less than .25 inch of chicken strip on each side and a couple of mildly scrapped peg feelers. That's in L.A., San Diego, and Ventura roads splitting traffic.

I think him coming from a cruiser is still WAY better than me coming from NOTHING into a Busa.

Don't disway him from it to go for "baby steps" instead. Some people just don't need it... Maybe by luck?
exactly some people get lucky and don't kill themselves entering sportbikes on a Busa and some have natural talent for riding and adapt quickly.

With that said even the 2 above instances apply to you or anyone else....you're still MUCH MUCH MUCH better off NOT going with a Busa as you're first bike or first sportbike. Not doing so will only benefit you and make you a better rider IMO.

Yes we're always going to hear the story about the rider who "started on a Busa no problem and look at me now."
The Busa may be a great bike but being able to ride one WELL should be the result of prior sportbike riding. I've ridden a many a cruiser including a Vol/C50.....the Busa and sportbikes in general are a different universe compared to that bike.

No way in hell should anyone steer him toward a Busa. I'm shocked people are.[/QUOTE]
Dude, come on... I am one of the first people to step up and tell any idiot who wants a Busa as a first bike to go soak his hat. BUT A person who has spent a couple of years on a Cruiser has learned enough about being on two wheels to safely and effectively ride a hayabusa. IT'S NOT A Gixxer1000 or ZX10R... It's a big ole' comfy Sport/Sport Touring bike.

It's a pussycat, stable, easy to handle, predictable, and linear. It's not a bike for beginners no, but at the end of the day Bikes are bikes and recommending someone get an SV650 or similar when they are coming off a cruiser is just a waste of money and time. There is NO SECRET FORMULA to riding a Busa Safely in the streets....

Now then riding the Busa fast, in the Twisties well, and actually being able to USE the Busa as it was intended and not just puttering around? That will take some time, and maybe a little more if the person has never been on a sport bike before. But bikes are bikes and the Busa is no different.

Hell I could say that folks with no dirt experiance are Fools for riding ANY motorcycle in the street... Every time I see a sportbike guy panic the first time the rear steps out a bit I laugh...

I agree 100% though that the Busa is about the Dumbest first bike possible, and only slightly better a choice than the litre bikes. I am convinced that folks who step straight to the Hayabusa end up stunted in their growth, or just broken. They cannot grow into the Busa properly because it's limits are simply far into the realm of the unknown... But then again, this applies to most EVERYONE on ANY sportbike. Especially the guys who think it doesn't and you see them out on the road wobbling around all the time...
sad.gif

Point is Bike experiance is still bike experiance assuming that the person making the transition isn't a complete fool. What I see at the dealership is most of the folks who do transition from Cruiser to Sportbike or from small bike to large are well aware and a little intimidated by the change in machine, and because of this they do just fine.

My thoughts exactly Revlis +1

It's more a question of the rider than which bike.
You can die on any bike if your head is not in the right place.

<span style='color:orangered'>Ok you had to ask this and open tha can!!! </span> <span style='color:blue'>The Busa is (like all zuks) A heck of a good buy 4 the $$. This bike handles as one demands! You ride a gixxer now it can fill the need! You ride a softail! it should give you a 1/2 Hr orgasm!!! The problem is if you don't know or aren't ready for it this think will turn on you like a crack h'oe on meth!!!! </span> <span style='color:green'>Here is a zuke that will fit the bill and get you ready 4 the journey of the real SAT.. Can be picked up in the 2 k area, will last with some care to 100k miles. AND WILL GIVE ANY BUSA RIDER A PUCKER ars if chased IN THE TWISTYS!!!</span> <span style='color:red'>Have had both to 150! You know you are @ that on the Bandit! 150 On the BUSA a trip to the WING HOUSE... </span> AOL.com Images Not Available

Back