~~awful early for this~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Well it's four (4) AM and time for a little ride. I just pulled this off of my weather page. Awful early for this kind of heat. 121 degrees yesterday at my house.

severe weather alert for bullhead city, az  

Excessive Heat Warning - URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR LAKE MEAD NATIONAL RECREATION AREA VALID FROM SUN JUN 25 2006 03:52 AM PDT UNTIL SUN JUN 25 2006 04:00 PM PDT.
/O.CON.KVEF.EH.W.0005.060625T1900Z-060626T0200Z/ LAKE HAVASU AND FORT MOHAVE-NORTHWEST DESERTS- LAKE MEAD NATIONAL RECREATION AREA-DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL PARK- SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY DESERTS-SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY- UPPER COLORADO RIVER VALLEY-NORTHEAST CLARK COUNTY- WESTERN CLARK AND SOUTHERN NYE COUNTY-LAS VEGAS VALLEY- SOUTHERN CLARK COUNTY- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LAKE HAVASU...TOPOCK...KINGMAN... GOLDEN VALLEY...HUALAPAI RESERVATION...DOLAN SPRINGS... VALENTINE...WIKIEUP...FURNACE CREEK...STOVEPIPE WELLS... SHOSHONE...TECOPA...BARSTOW...DAGGETT...BAKER...FORT IRWIN... TWENTYNINE PALMS...NEEDLES...MESQUITE...OVERTON...MOAPA... PAHRUMP...INDIAN SPRINGS...DESERT ROCK...AMARGOSA VALLEY... LAS VEGAS...NORTH LAS VEGAS...HENDERSON...BOULDER CITY... LAUGHLIN...BULLHEAD CITY...HOOVER DAM...PRIMM...JEAN... SEARCHLIGHT...CAL-NEV-ARI 352 AM PDT SUN JUN 25 2006 /352 AM MST SUN JUN 25 2006/ ...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON PDT /NOON MST/ TODAY TO 7 PM PDT /7 PM MST/ THIS EVENING... SCORCHING TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED AGAIN TODAY ACROSS THE MOJAVE DESERT AS STRONG HIGH PRESSURE ALOFT REMAINS CENTERED OVER NEVADA. AFTERNOON HIGH TEMPERATURES FORECAST FOR TODAY INCLUDE: LAS VEGAS AND HENDERSON...112 MESQUITE AND OVERTON...115 LAUGHLIN AND BULLHEAD CITY...117 LAKE HAVASU CITY AND NEEDLES...118 BARSTOW...112 TWENTYNINE PALMS...112 DEATH VALLEY...125. AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING MEANS THAT AFTERNOON TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO REACH DANGEROUS LEVELS THAT WILL STRESS THE BODY IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. HEAT-RELATED ILLNESSES...INCLUDING HEAT STROKE AND SEVERE DEHYDRATION...ARE LIKELY FOR ANYONE WHO IS OUTDOORS FOR A PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME TOMORROW. USE EXTRA CAUTION AND REMEMBER TO DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS...STAY OUT OF THE SUNSHINE AND IN AN AIR CONDITIONED ROOM IF POSSIBLE...AND CHECK UP ON ELDERLY RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151234867 -->

You guys went straight past sauna and right into microwave! Be careful...

Now that it is some hot stuff
hot.gif
Drink 8 glasses of water for me. I am starting to sweat just thinking about it
biggrin.gif

Now that it is some hot stuff  
hot.gif
Drink 8 glasses of water for me. I am starting to sweat just thinking about it
biggrin.gif
I feel your pain Hogger.... of course you know that here we don't sweat, the fluids evaporate out of us so you never realize that you have lost them.... I always love when my friends and family back east say... "But it is a dry heat"... I tell them yep it is dry alright..... so dry it will crack a windsheild, if you set a wrench in the sun for more than 10 seconds when you pick it up it will blister your finger, the pool is no longer refreshing... it feels more like a bathtub, getting cold water out of a faucet even inside your home may take 5-10 minutes.... shall I go on.... haha... a dry heat my A$$....  
AAAssjani.gif

Here is Paradise Valley:

Sunny
87°F at 7:02 am
Feels Like 87°F Low: 84°F
High: 111°F
Humidity: 29% Pressure: 29.85 in
Visibility: 10 mi
Wind: CLM 0 mph

<!--EDIT|Jtonda
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151246005 -->

humidity looks awful high..must be watering the golf course.

0700 hrs. PST it is now 90 degrees.

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151246838 -->

A buddy of mine is from Scottsdale, he said the heat there is unbearable. Talked about people (diehards) riding to California from Arizona in that heat. That is just crazy. Stay cool brother...

Wow! I haven't seen that on a thermo since I left overseas! So....how many AC units do you have hooked up to your house?
rock.gif

And they say there's no downside to global warming!
tounge.gif

It cracks me up when all my friends who moved the AZ for the "year round riding" have now found out from June to September you can't do anything but look for an air conditioned rock to crawl under.

But then again, they get to ride from October through May while we have to sit inside and pout.

What a crock of bull#### that is! Listening to Al Gore again?

hogger...

Wow!  I haven't seen that on a thermo since I left overseas!  So....how many AC units do you have hooked up to your house?  
rock.gif
One four ton unit bought new last year. Ten year warranty on the compressor and ten year warranty on parts and labor (optional).

Just turn it down and enjoy. Drink lemonade, barbecue and relax.

hogger...

tounge.gif

It cracks me up when all my friends who moved the AZ for the "year round riding" have now found out from June to September you can't do anything but look for an air conditioned rock to crawl under.

But then again, they get to ride from October through May while we have to sit inside and pout.
not really true. Yeah, it's way to warm for me but the nights are great.

This is just some high pressure hanging over the state at the moment. The weather will get a little more tolerable.

hogger...

Back