Another one

Praying for family and friends Rip Robert Clark

fallen_riderz.jpg

Prayers for his family!

why lay a bike down to avoid a wreck ...isnt doing that a wreck ?!if a crash is imminate DO SOMETHING ANYTHING but dont give up and go for a slide R.I.P young blood.

every situation is a little different, I assume, but do you think it is never better to lay it down?  I would think at times the slide is better than being catapaulted when a bike hits a stationary object (car) or is thrown into the object.   Is there a technical rule of thumb that says don't slide?  Just courious to hear from some of you that have ridden for a long time and/or are professional.[/QUOTE]
I dont get it either...
rock.gif
most of the time? when it is too close?
you better let your toys go, if you want to see another sunshiny day...
wink.gif
(maybe, we looking at the situation different way...) just my thought...R.I.P.

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151188156 -->

Prayers for his family!

why lay a bike down to avoid a wreck ...isnt doing that a wreck ?!if a crash is imminate DO SOMETHING ANYTHING but dont give up and go for a slide R.I.P young blood.

every situation is a little different, I assume, but do you think it is never better to lay it down?  I would think at times the slide is better than being catapaulted when a bike hits a stationary object (car) or is thrown into the object.   Is there a technical rule of thumb that says don't slide?  Just courious to hear from some of you that have ridden for a long time and/or are professional.
ive been riding bikes hard for 30 years,crashed ,watched people crash.and even caused people to crash.and anyone who knows bikes and how to survive on them ,will tell you that laying a bike down is not a option!! listen ..anyone can go down,but to go down (wreck bye leaving your path up to chance bye not having anymore control over anything ) is the dumBest thing you can do !!!!if your in BIG TIME TROUBLE AND YOU CAN LAY IT DOWN THEN YOU CAN AT LEAST TRY TO SLOW DOWN OR RIDE OUT OF IT.theese arent old harley davidsons that you cant control. they are made to go fast and handle.anysport bike is the best there is now a days.at 21 he needed more time on a dirt bike getting riding skills.not "laying it down"R.I.P YOUNG BLOOD.[/QUOTE]
I agree, almost nothing can stop as fast as a sportbike. But you need to practice your emergency braking. If you never practice, you'll never be able to stop to the limit of your bike.

Swerve or brake. At least bleed off as much speed as possible.

Example, the motogp race last weekend in Catalunya. Riders go down in the braking area for turn 1 sliding. They take out riders ahead of them because a sliding person and a sliding bike cannot stop as quickly as a bike on tires.

Everytime I hear someone "intentionally" laid it down to lessen the crash. I can't help but think they paniced or lost control. Its cooler to say you laid it down on purpose than to admit you lost it when you panic braked.

It's easier said then done.

Welp it's too late for the youngster to take the Msf course now...

Ride in heaven, brother.

Back