Turn signal integrator

NYRangersFan79

Registered
ok guys my brain is not working right now and i am struggling with this one. i recently bought a turn signal integrator that uses the OEM bulbs and lens. I wired it up acording to the enclosed instructions, and to my amazment it worked, Signals flashed at the right speed and everything..... till i hit the brakes. once i hit the brakes, the flasher rate doubles like i installed LEDs. now the thought had crossed my mind to put a resistor inline to slow the rate but then it would also inturn slow the rate when my brakes are not being applied. The kit is from BM MOTOSPORT and i have e-mailed them in an attempt to get some tech. assistance. -No Dice- yet. anyway i though i might post here in a attempt quick fix the prob. thanks for looking - Andy

Andy,
Are the instructions online anywhere? I would be interested to see where you tied in for the brake lights... Problem I am thinking of is that you are useing a two function bulb to do three things.... Just interested to see how they have you doing it..

Rangers, isn't that a girls' ice ballet troupe? J/K man.
tounge.gif
Get those pics up in the morn and hopefully we can help. We will probably be doing mine and Shibumi's integrater tomorrow afternoon so maybe we will learn something too.

Don
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

I posted this a couple of weeks ago. Didn't get any definitive answers. I am going to install a heavy duty flasher today to see if that will remedy the problem. I'll post up the results.

OK, I got it fingered out.  I installed a standard automotive flasher in place of the stock turn relay and that took care of the rapid flash while the brakes are applied.  I now have DOT flash rate all the time.
post-6-68099-untitled1.jpg

The turn relay uses the F and G connectors.  You have to push those two out of the connector block and connect them to the new auto flasher.Here are the insructions that I used to install the convertor that I puchased from Autozone for $12.00.

Jason

<!--EDIT|fsusux
Reason for Edit: "Forgot sumthin"|1151163630 -->

DSCN0025.JPG

What if you want to work the turn signals along with the brake light conversion at the same time?
rock.gif
In other words, not get rid of the turnsignals. I'd like to make this work with my Mototeck undertail. Any suggestions?

What if you want to work the turn signals along with the brake light conversion at the same time?
rock.gif
 In other words, not get rid of the turnsignals.  I'd like to make this work with my Mototeck undertail.  Any suggestions?
You should be able to use the same type of set up. (Auto parts store trailer converter and automotive style flasher.) Just leave the turn signals attached. Let me know if it works or if you need more info.

Back