Rider down

busa_boy_69

Registered
Well if any of you have read some of my past posts you will know that the guy i ride with most of the time has the red 04 cbr1000rr. He is the one that I have raced a couple good times and did most of my riding with. This isn't what your thinking he did not crash out or anything but its just as bad. Due to "marital issues" he has given up the sport of riding. He broke the news to me last week. I mean if thats what he wants I can back his decision, I mean he should do what he feels is best but I am still upset none the less. My Busa has lost its favorite playmate. So I am posting this as a farewell in rememberance of all the good rides they shared. Oh and to make matters worse this CBR was in PREMO shape. I will list what all was done to it below and what it sold for and you guys will be like wow! He gave it away.

04 CBR1000RR - Red and Grey
PCIIIusb
Akrapovic Full Race Exhaust
BMC air Filter
Zero Gravity Dark Smoke Windscreen
Illumiglo Gauge and LCD
Rear foot pegs removed
Painted tire lettering

* All service work done and documented by Honda of Fairfield
with a total of 4,000 miles.

Selling price - $7,000.00

So here they are together for the last time.....Farewell Friend.

View attachment Busa_and_CBR.jpg

Sorry to hear your riding bud is giving up riding.

Did his wife force him to quit riding?

Riding should be good for marriage because it is a great stress reliever.

That is a shame; perhaps down the road, he'll be able to pick up riding again...

Gotta say, I don't like spouses "telling" one another what they can and can't do when it comes to riding...I know some worry, but still, give one another some space and freedom
sad.gif

That is a shame; perhaps down the road, he'll be able to pick up riding again...

Gotta say, I don't like spouses "telling" one another what they can and can't do when it comes to riding...I know some worry, but still, give one another some space and freedom
sad.gif
+1. My wife doesn't ride. I wish she did, but she doesn't. She doesn't tell me I can't. I think she wish she could, but she doesn't.

The day she tells me I have to choose between her and riding, I'll be in the market for a new wife.

Well according to him she never TOLD him to get rid of the bike and if thats what he says I believe it. However I know it was causing a lot of problems with their marriage. She HATED the fact that he rode and would always fuss when he wanted to go. Thats why my bike has 20,000 miles now and his only had 4,000. We pretty much got them at the same time. He said he needed to do something to show her that she was more important to him so it was HIS decision. Which like I said if thats how I feels I can respect it. But it sucks because he was a blast to ride with.

I can assure you that if it was her way of manipulating him into getting rid of something he loved that they will not last long and he can take up riding again when they part ways. Anytime someone in a relationship forces the other either by asking or by manipulating them to giving up something they truely enjoy doing the relationship is doomed to failure. It might by some more time but after one thing goes it is something else and she knows how to get what she wants at this point. Eventually he will have put up with enough and bug out. Just my .02 I wish him all the luck but true love will never ask you to change.
Quote froma friend
A man gets married hoping she will never change
A woman gets married hoping he will change soon.

I can assure you that if it was her way of manipulating him into getting rid of something he loved that they will not last long and he can take up riding again when they part ways. Anytime someone in a relationship forces the other either by asking or by manipulating them to giving up something they truely enjoy doing the relationship is doomed to failure. It might by some more time but after one thing goes it is something else and she knows how to get what she wants at this point. Eventually he will have put up with enough and bug out. Just my .02 I wish him all the luck but true love will never ask you to change.
Quote froma friend
A man gets married hoping she will never change
A woman gets married hoping he will change soon.
That was well said...

Brings up an interesting topic for sure...

Mike got in tons of riding time when we first bought our Harleys; I was stuck at home with a baby...then baby #2 came along and guess who still wasn't riding?
sad.gif
I would get jealous of Mike's riding, trips here and there, iron-butting it to Sturgis on our 10th wedding anniversary
mad.gif
BUT I knew my day would come when I could go out and ride. I had to wait a few years, but now we both give one another space and the time to do the things we love...if he wants to go boating, I don't give him crap for it and in turn, when I want a Friday night of riding, I do just that...

It's give and take; sounds to me like he barely got to ride and that SHE may need to find a little outlet of her own...are they newlyweds? I think it takes years before you both realize that "down time" away from one another is a wonderful thing; makes the together time much more enjoyable
smile.gif

I can relate. Sold my bike to try and save a relationship and did not ride for several years. The divorce happened anyway, but now I have a wonderful wife who would not think of asking or demanding that I not ride, in fact she took the motorcycle safety course any I bought her a bike of her own. Although we ride together she understands sometimes I want to ride with my friends or alone. Sorry you lost your riding pal but perhaps you will meet a new friend to ride with.

Sorry about losing your riding bud... it hurts worse than losing a GF... if he was riding when he met her then she knew this was a hobby... if he stopped for her he will be resentful and it will come out in some other form... divorce is probably immenant....resistance is futile.....
sad.gif

Mike got in tons of riding time when we first bought our Harleys; I was stuck at home with a baby...then baby #2 came along and guess who still wasn't riding?  
sad.gif
 I would get jealous of Mike's riding, trips here and there, iron-butting it to Sturgis on our 10th wedding anniversary
mad.gif
BUT I knew my day would come when I could go out and ride.  I had to wait a few years, but now we both give one another space and the time to do the things we love...if he wants to go boating, I don't give him crap for it and in turn, when I want a Friday night of riding, I do just that...

It's give and take; sounds to me like he barely got to ride and that SHE may need to find a little outlet of her own...are they newlyweds?  I think it takes years before you both realize that "down time" away from one another is a wonderful thing; makes the together time much more enjoyable
smile.gif
No they are 3 years into a marriage right now actually. When I first met them she did not have an issue with him riding. We would go to bike nights regular and everything. Then it was like as more time when on she REALLY began to hate his riding. But it's not JUST that. She doesn't like him to do ANYTHING without her. The bike was just his BIGGEST hobby so thats the one she began to have the biggest problem with.

Josh,
What about her bike? They getting rid of that to?
Anyway give me a ring sometime, I'll ride with ya.
But old blue is gettin sick and needs some TLC.
LOL, DAMN i want a bike!!! "that isn't dangerous to ride"
haha.

I can relate. Sold my bike to try and save a relationship and did not ride for several years. The divorce happened anyway, but now I have a wonderful wife who would not think of asking or demanding that I not ride, in fact she took the motorcycle safety course any I bought her a bike of her own. Although we ride together she understands sometimes I want to ride with my friends or alone. Sorry you lost your riding pal but perhaps you will meet a new friend to ride with.
Oh its not that i won't be FRIENDS with him anymore or anything like that. He wasn't just a riding pal he is like my best friend. Its just that everytime I am out riding now I am gonna think back to all the sweet rides those bikes had together and miss it. Like I said if this is what he wants as a friend I hope the best for him. I just find it hard to ride with people honestly. Most of the time I end up with someone that I am not comfortable with their skill or just don't mix well on the road with. When I would ride with Tracy it was like everything we would do was in formation. I would never worry about what he was doing or him worry about me. I would ride INCHES from him dragging or side by side on light sweeping turns and wouldn't think twice. He had a LOT of riding experience and it was always enjoyable. I have one other friend that I ride with that I feel like that about but other than those two thats pretty much it for me. (sighs)

sad.gif
mad.gif
BUT I knew my day would come when I could go out and ride.  I had to wait a few years, but now we both give one another space and the time to do the things we love...if he wants to go boating, I don't give him crap for it and in turn, when I want a Friday night of riding, I do just that...

It's give and take; sounds to me like he barely got to ride and that SHE may need to find a little outlet of her own...are they newlyweds?  I think it takes years before you both realize that "down time" away from one another is a wonderful thing; makes the together time much more enjoyable
smile.gif
No they are 3 years into a marriage right now actually. When I first met them she did not have an issue with him riding. We would go to bike nights regular and everything. Then it was like as more time when on she REALLY began to hate his riding. But it's not JUST that. She doesn't like him to do ANYTHING without her. The bike was just his BIGGEST hobby so thats the one she began to have the biggest problem with.
Still very early in a marriage, so to me, that's still almost newlywed...

It's a shame; it'll snowball 'til he doesn't have anything "that's his" because she wants to be so tied up in his life...I'm all for couples sharing most things in life, but I so crave that time where I do something different and he does something different...that point took YEARS to get to though, and even now it's not perfect...there are times when we're irritated that the other has this or that to do...

It's all about compromise...your bud just compromised the hell out of himself, unfortunately...wonder what she's given up for him?  
rock.gif

sad.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "stoopid"|1150990281 -->

sad.gif

Josh,
      What about her bike? They getting rid of that to?
      Anyway give me a ring sometime, I'll ride with ya.
      But old blue is gettin sick and needs some TLC.
      LOL, DAMN i want a bike!!! "that isn't dangerous to ride"
      haha.
Hey buddy whats up? Yeah they already sold hers to. It went for 6100$ bucks man and it only had 900 freaking miles on it you believe that? Haha. Whats wrong with old blue dude?

sad.gif
mad.gif

smile.gif
Still very early in a marriage, so to me, that's still almost newlywed...

It's a shame; it'll snowball 'til he doesn't have anything "that's his" because she wants to be so tied up in his life...I'm all for couples sharing most things in life, but I so crave that time where I do something different and he does something different...that point took YEARS to get to though, and even now it's not perfect...there are times when we're irritated that the other has this or that to do...

It's all about compromise...your bud just compromised the hell out of himself, unfortunately...wonder what she's given up for him?  
rock.gif

sad.gif
Well I have never been married so I have like ZERO experience here but he said the decision was really all his and said he does not regret doing it. If that makes them happy then I think it's awesome I just hope like you said that he isn't just telling himself that. I know he had as much passion for riding as I do and I LIVE for it. They are getting help to work through some of their issues though so maybe things will be different soon. I mean if anything I guess its KUDOs to them for working through their issues rather than just giving up on each other like most people do.

sad.gif

She's a little tired thats all, needs new sprockets, new chain, needs brakes redone, simple but costly crap..
I can still ride just can't go burnouts anymore. or flog the living crap out of it like usual...
But I have mastered the rollout burnout!! LOL
"you gotta see that!"

She's a little tired thats all, needs new sprockets, new chain, needs brakes redone, simple but costly crap..
I can still ride just can't go burnouts anymore. or flog the living crap out of it like usual...
But I have mastered the rollout burnout!!  LOL
"you gotta see that!"
Haha yeah you better watch it man. You for sure don't wanna be out getting on a stressed chain and throw it. You'll take out old blue AND yourself. Speaking of chains my bike is down right now for the exact same thing. I got 15,000 out of the DID and it is finally gone. I noticed last friday I had a vibration in my footpegs. I was due for a service anyways so Saturday I tore into it and after cleaning and lubing the chain I found the issue. I would spin the back wheel up on the stand and when it was spinning one part of the chain would go around the front sprocket and STOP! One of the links went bad and has a sizeable kink in it. So now I am waiting on the chain and sprocket to get here from Kneedraggers so I can get it rolling again. It freaking sucks!

Back