Up north to the "deep south" ride

Here we are at the beginning of the gravel.

I figured the road probably went through, because a car came by with Mississippi plates. I said lets see if it comes out on a highway in Mississippi. Kent reluctently went along.

100_5776.JPG

20 to 30 minutes later we did come out on a major highway in Ms, the road at points was gravel and grass. It was not a well traveled road and we were glad to get off of it. You can see the amount of dirt we picked up.

100_5782.JPG

Here is the resting spot for the afternoon as the hot Alabama sun dries off the water from the car wash.

The end for now.

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150160017 -->

100_5787.JPG

It's hot, dry and beautiful out. The last photo shows the current weather. It looks like we picked the right time to take this trip. That is, assuming we don't have to ride home in a mess of rain.
rock.gif

We left Friday morning shortly after sunrise from Lakeland Florida to head north to west Alabama about a third way up the state to hang out with our mom for her birthday. (today, June 11) Don't tell her I told you, but she is 69 years old today.

Here is a photo of us getting ready to leave.
Having a Busa under that sign is just wrong, somehow. I tried to fix it up for ya a little!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Speed_limit.jpg

We left Friday morning shortly after sunrise from Lakeland Florida to head north to west Alabama about a third way up the state to hang out with our mom for her birthday. (today, June 11) Don't tell her I told you, but she is 69 years old today.

Here is a photo of us getting ready to leave.
Having a Busa under that sign is just wrong, somehow.  I tried to fix it up for ya a little!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

post-6-50459-speed_limit.jpg

That's funny, someone else commented on that a year or two ago and did the same thing.

Your are right though.

Kevin

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150150720 -->

Gotta love small towns thanks for the pics looks like a great ride and a Late Happy Birthday to your Mom!!

We didn't ride today, but here are some pics I took today.

This one my brother calls, "the first motorcycle" I took this photo in Meridian Mississippi.

100_5801.JPG

The last pic of the day is the neighbor making moves on mom.

Just kidding, they were just chatting.

100_5819.JPG

Excellent trip, Kevin. There's nothing like getting off the interstates and seeing the countryside and small town America.

Excellent trip, Kevin.  There's nothing like getting off the interstates and seeing the countryside and small town America.
Amen to that, we just got home, never touched the interstate, and rode very little 4 lane. It was 1400 miles from when we left my house to when we got back.

I'm going to add the rest of the pictures now.

Here's a busa picture just for the sake of a busa pic. Notice the dirt on the rear wheel, it was taken after our Mississippi excursion and before the car wash.

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150409190 -->

tn_100_5785.JPG

Back