Ride report pics

ozz

Donating Member
Registered
First I would like to say thankyou to the board for the help and advice I received from everyone on trailering my bike. With out your advice and especially flriders help with the tow gear and knowledge, I would have had a tough time at it if it had not been for you all...not a suck up, I really mean it.

You guys were right, having the right gear to tow you bike makes the trip much less stressful. I used the Magnum tiedown bar with ratchet type straps and not a problem at all. The bike was glued to the the trailer. We did have some problems with the straps on my buddies bike though, he used those pull down straps and they just woulden't do the job.

We had to pull over a few times and tighten the straps on his bike and all I could think of was one of his straps letting go and taking my bike with it.

Anyhow all went well and we had a great tour up in Oregon. I logged 700 miles in two days riding the Oregon coast and blasting up to Crater Lake. I rode home alone though (no trailer for me) and added a few more miles, 500 miles home in one day.

So here are a few pics..... were on our way

oregon_5_27_06_11__2_.jpg

here we are on I-5 near Shasta....this is an old cinder cone that pooped out and never quit made it as a fullfledged volcano...it could come back to life.

oregon_5_27_06_32__2_.jpg

my bud Dave...he rented a FJR and gave it a go...its nothing like the busa but still fun...hell, I like em all

oregon_5_27_06_41__2_.jpg

this was our first stop on the way to the coast and on to Coos Bay...

oregon_5_27_06_44__2_.jpg

three bikes remaining...one of the hardleys broke down and could not be repaired...that meant that he was riding ##### and his a$$ gave out in Brookings so that was it for the harley riders...they returned to Merlin for the trailer...now the Fjr and the Busa could run...

oregon_5_27_06_45__2_.jpg

this is the second day and headed for Crater Lake...man the road up there was the perfect twistie road, just sweeps from one turn to another with 80 miles an hour thru the sweepers comfortably...just a great ride but watch out for that volcanic rock on the edges near the top...yep, it almost got me...almost low sided but recovered and slowed down!

oregon_5_27_06_48__2_.jpg

Wizard island...this is whats left of the massive explosion that blew out this huge hole and then filled with water

oregon_5_27_06_66__2_.jpg

Crescent City Harbor and my first stop on the 500 mile ride back to the house...

oregon_5_27_06_81__2_.jpg

Back