Engine cut's at 10250 insted 11200

nergal

Registered
Hi,

I have a 2006 Busa with K&N Filter with 4 months and 11000km (6800miles)and nothing more.

é noticed that all the gear's cut at 10250 rpm insted of the redline 11200.

For exemple my 4th gear cut's at 260km/h (161M/h) insted of the usual 280km/h (173m/h)

My 5th Gear cut's at 299km/h (185m/h) insted of the 317km/h (196m/h)

this happens in all gear's

have any idea?

Umm, I guess it depends on your idea of the "Normal" 10250 RPMs sounds just about right for the rev limiter in any gear. The speeds you quoted are out of line with reality as well. Don't trust your speedometer or your tach. they are both known for their optimism and enthusiasm.

it sounds like you have a perfectly healthy busa to me though.
thumbs-up.gif

Well i belive when you cut your sixth at 320 km/h when it's suposed to reach 350 km/h it's not normal
smile.gif

Umm, Busa won't hit 320 let alone 350 KPH. You've been lied to or you are just confused. 320KPH is 198MPH, even the first two years of the Busa were VERY VERY hard pressed to put up an actual 198 MPH 350KPH is roughly 217MPH and NO STOCK BUSA HAS EVER hit that speed. Simple.

So, Your 2006 is perfectly normal and limited to 186MPH, which you won't hit unless you have a REALLY LONG straightaway. 3-4 kilometres long.

So No worries you have a healthy Busa. Red line is 10250, Normal...

im talking only at the speedo speed, not the actual speed.

I have a 2006 unlimeted busa (TRE)

I know that the busa doesn't go to 350 km/h unless it's downhill and wind pushing
smile.gif

The thing is that the engine will only cut in 6ª when it reach that speed, and mine cut'd at 320 km/h.

Any busa will pass the 300km /h (186m/h) in 5th and mine cut's early than that.

i have rided other busas before mine.

And 10250 it's not normal, the redline only start's at 11000.

By the way 186m/h i reach from stoped in 3km no problem for that

<!--EDIT|nergal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148401809 -->

Actual red line is 10,800rpm. Most Busas will hit 184mph-186mph in 6th when stock. The TRE will get you to 200mph if all the conditions are just right. Not sur why you would be cutting out at 10,250. What are you usinjg for gearing??

I have a 2006 Busa with K&N Filter with 4 months and 11000km (6800miles)and nothing more.
[/QUOTE]

I have a 2006 unlimeted busa (TRE)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, Ok so you do have a TRE, I'm wondering if it's this that is causing problems. Improperly programmed maybe? Fooling the ECU into thinking it's in 6th gear all the time instead of 5th? Might explain the 10250 limit.

OR, it's reving to 10,800 as Ninja said and it's just the tach being pessimistic instead of optimistic.

Sounds like you should have purchased a ZX14 instead.
smile.gif

In comparison with other bikes including mine(2001 restricted), his bike cuts earlier, not normal.

revlis, don't insult my inteligence, the byke without the TRE Cut's in ANY gear at 10250,

The thing is my byke CUT's IN 6th GEAR does your's cut in 6th gear?
rock.gif
?

Ninja,

Im not using nothing for gearing it's stock

revlis isnt insulting your intelligence buddy...you first stated that you had nothin but a k & n filter...then you say you have a tre...

either way every year the rev limit is diff on the busa from year to year, only by a small amount tho.

a normall busa WILL ONLY cut in with an early revlimit in 6th gear, all other gears should rev out...if you have a tre on, then 6th should be the same as 1-5 gear, and not cut in early, take your tre out and see if you can rev all the way with the first 5 gears....if you cant than you have a prob, if you can then put the tre back in and see if you can still, if not than its a prob with the tre...

Please read all the topic

I have said that i had only the K&N because i already tried with the TRE and had taken it out.

After that it was said that stock busas only go to 10250 in 6th and then i said that i have a TRE and  even with the TRE it only does 10250.

<!--EDIT|nergal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148466377 -->

Please read all the topic

I have said that i had only the K&N because i already tried with the TRE and had taken it out.

After that it was said that stock busas only go to 10250 in 6th and then i said that i have a TRE and  even with the TRE it only does 10250.
if your running stock gearing and no tre and you dont think that its revving all the way then take you bike to a dyno and do a few pulls, your saying 10250 rpms like you can see that, i dont know how you could be seeing that unless your on a dyno, 10250 in 5th or 6th is awfull fast not to be lookin at the road...
if you have taken it to a dyno already and thats how you got these results, post a pic of the dyno chart...

btw lose the fakin attitude, everyone is just tryin to help...

Im sorry for the atitude but im realy just to upset with this thing, and i know the first thing you think is that would be an human error
smile.gif
but Im sure of what im saying, i have tried it in one straith road with 13km and no trafic, and i have tried in all gear's and the most dificult to see is the 1st and 2nd
tounge.gif
, but im sure it does in all of them with or without the TRE.

Rycardo know's it as well e lives near me.

Ill Try the Dyno
sad.gif

If you've been tinkering with this problem so long and still haven't solved it, it might be time to pull the TRE off and take it to the shop and see if they can replicate the problem. Otherwise you're just guessing and that could get expensive.

I'd still be interested in knowing what you're using to judge your speed and RPMS. GPS? A Second Tach?

Anyway, Good luck to ya, hope it works out.

I know what the bike gives by the RPM it's easy

I already taken out the TRE and still cut's in all gear's

All the facts nergal said is by the stock rpm tacho. Shows 10.250, not 11.000, we are not talking in GPS or yellow box or speedo-healer, all the facts are read in original tacho.(sorry my english).

rock.gif
Yeah, I dunno... Out of suggestions, I'd take it in and have a tech check it out.

Back